July 18 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi there -

Opening the chat up for you. See you tomorrow!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi there -

Tyler

I would like to know why the neg I left for Ebay shipping supplies got removed.

I guess feedback is just a joke depending on who you are.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Would you give us an update on the missing-GTC images?

Also, you posted elsewhere there’s an Ask Andrea Chat next week in lieu of the Weekly Chat due to eBay Open: may I ask where we are to post our Ask Andrea questions?

Finally, I see there’s been announced an opt-in beta for sellers getting the Product-Based buying/selling listing display flow coming to their categories. Is this the protocol that will be followed as the Product-Based pages are rolled-out for every category, or a one-time deal? Will all of us regardless of category eventually be asked to opt-in to beta testing before the new system reaches our areas of listings and sales? I’d like to know.

Thanks!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi Tyler!

For the MIA pictures the last news we had was that something was going to happen on July 18th.

I checked this morning and all my affected items are still unchanged (ie not fixed, neither the ones that have no pictures at all, or the partially fixed ones with only the initial picture).

I'm not sure if July 18 meant beginning of day or when stuff rolls over tonight.

Any updates regarding the status of the missing pictures would be appreciated!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Hi Tyler,

Also, you posted elsewhere there’s an Ask Andrea Chat next week in lieu of the Weekly Chat due to eBay Open: may I ask where we are to post our Ask Andrea questions?

Finally, I see there’s been announced an opt-in beta for sellers getting the Product-Based buying/selling listing display flow coming to their categories. Is this the protocol that will be followed as the Product-Based pages are rolled-out for every category, or a one-time deal? Will all of us regardless of category eventually be asked to opt-in to beta testing before the new system reaches our areas of listings and sales? I’d like to know.

Thanks!

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/July-25-2018-Weekly-Session-quot-Ask-Andrea-Anythin...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

(Thanks, dutchman, I didn’t see that thread last night, only a similar one without the capacity to allow Replies. Will bookmark.)
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hello,

I just used the Multiple Variations listing and loved it.

Any chance Ebay  Canada will add categories ?

Adding Postcards and magazine back issues categories would help me a lot.

Cheers

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi there -

Tyler

I would like to know why the neg I left for Ebay shipping supplies got removed.

I guess feedback is just a joke depending on who you are.

Hi @dutchman48 - I'm not able to get into account specifics here, but I do know that we remove feedback that is in violation of our guidelines.

I'll review the transaction internally and make sure that the teammates involved receive coaching if necessary. Unfortunately, once removed, we do not have an option to reinstate the feedback even if it was removed in error.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Hi Tyler,

Thanks!

Hi @momcqueen (and @ricarmic who had a similar question)

I still don't have an update on the Photos issue other than the info I've provided in the past (an individual revision may restore 1 or multiple photos that were gone). Thanks for your patience while we wait for more detail.

When it comes to product roll-outs, beta testing is typically our process. I'm not intimately familiar with the beta you mention though. If you PM me the link to where you saw that I can chase it up with the product managers involved to see if I can get more insight into their plans for the future as categories expand.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@draco18stampsandcollectables wrote:

Hello,

I just used the Multiple Variations listing and loved it.

Any chance Ebay  Canada will add categories ?

Adding Postcards and magazine back issues categories would help me a lot.

Cheers

Hi @draco18stampsandcollectables - glad to hear that you're a fan of multi-variation listings! They can save a huge amount of time and effort once they're created. 🙂

The categories available for variation are limited at the moment - but I'll get your wishlist sent over to the product team to see if they can be added.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply