July 4 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Hoping you had a nice Canada Day! Opening the chat up for your questions.

See you then,

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Hi Tyler,

Since June 15 or around that date, old and *deleted* searches are sent to my email. Yes, they are deleted in my "Saved Searches". And no, I don't want to stop ALL the messages from eBay as there are still some searches I want to keep. But these old searches, why does eBay sending them again even if they have been deleted many, many months ago? Clicking on the link in the email to stop receiving them doesn't work as I receive an error message. What is going on? Thank you.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Hello Tyler 

Here is my issues ( I know its long list  lol)

1.Somehow eBay sometimes applied taxes on my customers in full sometimes partially .

2.When I issue a refund for canceled order (because customer asked for it ) the fees that I am charged are never refund in full.Customer Service explained to me thats because of the exchange rate between the currency .What is the exchange rate within Canada ?!?

3.When eBay sees that a partial refund is applied ( because  of discount ) Why we never receive the FVF for it automatically ,but we need to call and wait for the investigation to be done . Any sense ?!?

4.Why the CS do not have the knowledge of the new Summer Seller Update ? And how they could help us with information when they cannot make difference between free returns and free listing .I waste hone our on the phone last month ,after i received funny emails ,i replayed to them and still not information on how exactly work the free returns and what are the rules  in different scenario 

5.Why we never have an announcement when there is a huge glitch in system 

6.Its been more than a month my listing shows no views but you see they got watchers .

7.New Seller Hub its nice but too much glitches .Does not show the correct information for sales ,from there I am doubting the all information .

8.Sales event +markdown have a glitch ( I was informed by CS yesterday ) when will be fix 

I will stop here because for sure the list is long but will appreciated detailed answer 

Thank you 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

On another matter: the Seller Hub. Where are the links that were at the bottom of the selling page to access the community and other stuff? Those are ALL gone:

When I click on a new section of the Seller Hub, those links are nowhere to be found either. It's very frustrating to see those helpful links gone!

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Traffic reports are out-of-date always. They are currently stuck at June 25th. Another glitch?
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Hello,

On ebay.com today, there is an announcement stating that ebay is sorry for tech issues/glitches.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-Sorry-for-Recent-Technical-Issues-That-May-Have-Im...

There doesn't seem to be an apology on ebay.ca - why is that?

Will there be compensation?

Thank you.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Is there a simple way to get from Hub to Community. I'm not seeing it.

-CM

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

There is .When you are on the overview page scroll down and you will see all the announcements 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Call CS after one or two hours spend on the phone you may get $ 5 coupon 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Lost pictures when GTC renewed.  Do I have to go through each one to add the pictures or is ebay going to fix it?  As I have hundreds, this is going to take a lot of my time when I could be listing or doing other stuff.  Seems I am always trying to work around ebay issues.  

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I’d also like reassurance our lost GTC listing photos will be reinstated.

Thanks,
Maureen
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

When my email notification came regarding my store shipping coupon, it doesn't say how much it is (traditionally it did).

I haven't yet received the ebay message, only the email message.

When I try to manually go look it up all I see is the .COM one which is a different coupon code....

Here's a link to the thread on this topic:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-Bucks-Voucher-amp-Shipping-Supplies-Coupon-Now-Avai...

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Another Seller Hub question: when I clicked on "My eBay", my landing page was my sold items. I don't want the overview as my landing page. Is there way to set up the landing page so it comes back to my sold items?

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Thanks. I believe in the past Community/Announcements etc. was available at the bottom of ALL pages. Now it appears those choices are only available on a limited assortment of pages. I guess that is considered an improved feature for some reason.

-CM
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Since June 15 or around that date, old and *deleted* searches are sent to my email. Yes, they are deleted in my "Saved Searches". And no, I don't want to stop ALL the messages from eBay as there are still some searches I want to keep. But these old searches, why does eBay sending them again even if they have been deleted many, many months ago? Clicking on the link in the email to stop receiving them doesn't work as I receive an error message. What is going on? Thank you.

Hi @lady.stark - this is a current bug that is being worked on. I've added your account to the ticket!

***Edit to add***

If you will get me the saved search name/title that you keep receiving them for that will help the tech team isolate what's happening. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 25
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Hi @lady.stark - this is a current bug that is being worked on. I've added your account to the ticket!

***Edit to add***

If you will get me the saved search name/title that you keep receiving them for that will help the tech team isolate what's happening. 🙂

Thanks, I'll send you a private message tonight. 😉

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Hello Tyler 

Here is my issues ( I know its long list  lol)

1.Somehow eBay sometimes applied taxes on my customers in full sometimes partially .

2.When I issue a refund for canceled order (because customer asked for it ) the fees that I am charged are never refund in full.Customer Service explained to me thats because of the exchange rate between the currency .What is the exchange rate within Canada ?!?

3.When eBay sees that a partial refund is applied ( because  of discount ) Why we never receive the FVF for it automatically ,but we need to call and wait for the investigation to be done . Any sense ?!?

4.Why the CS do not have the knowledge of the new Summer Seller Update ? And how they could help us with information when they cannot make difference between free returns and free listing .I waste hone our on the phone last month ,after i received funny emails ,i replayed to them and still not information on how exactly work the free returns and what are the rules  in different scenario 

5.Why we never have an announcement when there is a huge glitch in system 

6.Its been more than a month my listing shows no views but you see they got watchers .

7.New Seller Hub its nice but too much glitches .Does not show the correct information for sales ,from there I am doubting the all information .

8.Sales event +markdown have a glitch ( I was informed by CS yesterday ) when will be fix 

I will stop here because for sure the list is long but will appreciated detailed answer 

Thank you 

Hi @fashionoutletdeal - some of your questions are more complaints about Customer Support, which I can take feedback on, but won't have specific answers for. Please find my responses below:

1. Make sure that your tax tables have accurate info and applying to listings. If you have specific examples of this I encourage you to post more detail in a separate thread or consider contacting Customer Support.

2. eBay fees for refunds should always total the amount we charged you, unless you are listing in different currencies from what you are billed in. Some fees are not refunded when you issue a refund (like insertion fees, upgrade fees, or the PayPal Transaction fee).

3. We don't currently have a process in place to handle this automatically, which is why we ask you to call in on this. There are exceptions to this, like if you offer a partial refund in a return request, but outside of that we need you to contact us.

4. Training for the Seller Update is done well in advance and the resources we provide are thorough and as complete as we can make them. It sounds like you had an experience where that wasn't the case, I'm sorry to hear about it. If you let me know when you called I can make sure the teammates involved get coaching. If you have any questions about the Seller Update you can always post on the Boards here and we'll work to get you clarity!

5. We update the status board when there is a significant impact to a large amount of the eBay population.

6. This is a known bug impacting some members.  Your listing is still receiving views, but the display of them is not working. I've gotten your account added to the ticket!

7. I'm not certain exactly what you mean by this - would you be willing to start a thread with some screenshots and more detail so I can help?

8. I'm not aware of a technical issue currently with the Sales event+markdown tool. Will you elaborate?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

On another matter: the Seller Hub. Where are the links that were at the bottom of the selling page to access the community and other stuff? Those are ALL gone:

When I click on a new section of the Seller Hub, those links are nowhere to be found either. It's very frustrating to see those helpful links gone!

Hi @lady.stark - In Seller Hub, the links at the bottom of the page were replaced with a 'Shortcuts' section that you can customize to suit your preferences (though there are some defaults there).

Alternatively, you can always go to the old 'Summary' page if you prefer to see those set links at the bottom of the page. The module in Seller Hub - clicking the gear icon will give you a 'customize' optionThe module in Seller Hub - clicking the gear icon will give you a 'customize' optionOnce clicked, you can then remove any default shortcuts, and add the URL of your own specific.Once clicked, you can then remove any default shortcuts, and add the URL of your own specific.If you'd prefer the view you're used to seeing, you can choose 'Summary'  from the My eBay drop downIf you'd prefer the view you're used to seeing, you can choose 'Summary' from the My eBay drop down

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@renata6 wrote:
Traffic reports are out-of-date always. They are currently stuck at June 25th. Another glitch?

Hi @renata6 - they should be updating more frequently than 'every once in a while' to be sure. Not sure the reason but I'll get it reported.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Is there a simple way to get from Hub to Community. I'm not seeing it.

-CM

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - there's not a default shortcut, but you can customize your list to add your own link to the Community. Take a look at the reply I made for Lady Stark around the same thing.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 25
latest reply