June 21 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy all,

Opening up the thread for our Weekly Chat Session for June 21, 2017. This thread will be open until tomorrow, so please post any questions or subjects for which you would like eBay support.

Many of you have requested an ongoing list of open and resolved items, so we will try to keep a running list going when we open these weekly chats.  Here is the current version - more detailed responses can be found in a previous chat thread.

Open issues:

• Browse pages and Search pages showing different results for same category
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice - we need more details to investigate.  Can the original reporter please let us know the status
  • Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages - We are working with the Shipping team to figure out the issue and a solution. 
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Adding Economy International Shipping - requested here
  • Handling times not being added properly - requested here
  • Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com - bug report filed on our end

Updates:

• Review Economy Intl Shipping EDDs for Canadian items listed on eBay.com - Resolved
  • "Apply my Combined Shipping Discounts" option unavailable on Revise - Resolved
  • Incomplete ID History - Resolved
  • Request Total unavailable - Resolved 
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - Resolved

Speak to you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Hi Tyler,

I have a couple of concerns;

I'm not receiving the initial "best offer notification" in my email account. I have to log-in to my selling account to view any new emails.

This becomes problematic when I have offers that I wasn't notified about as I spend more time in my buying account then I do in my selling account.

also...

When I click on "back to previous page" it takes me back to my home summary page instead of the previous page I just viewed. This becomes very annoying when trying to surf around eBay.

Thanks for your time,

Derrick

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Hi Tyler;

Regarding:  

• Some Search pages show watchers, some don't  --- it was some items show watchers and other items even though they have watchers do not show.  

Also outstanding is ebay catalogue info dropping off ebay.

Something new both on ebay.com and ebay.ca under genre, it doesn't allow to enter your own.  See it's greyed out and when you click the arrow, it still doesn't allow anything to be written there. genre.jpg

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I had to call ebay this evening regarding a refund of shipping I was doing for a buyer.  They had purchased 6 CD's from me, 4 on ebay.ca and 2 on ebay.com.  The money that they paid from shipping on .ca for the 4 would cover the shipping of all 6 CD's.  While on the phone with ebay, I refunded the $6.00 USD shipping in paypal and asked her to give me an ebay credit for FVF for the $6.00 USD shipping I refunded, which I figured would be 60 cents US.  Well the CSR said I would not get a refund on my FVF on shipping even if I refunded.  

Many times I have refunded shipping especially on multiple purchases and many times do not know what the shipping will be until I go to the PO, each time it is different based on weight and where I am shipping to.  Each time I call Ebay, I have got my FVF on shipping refunded, except for this time.  Is this something that is new or did she make a mistake?  How do I get my FVF back on the shipping refunded?

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Hi  -  I have a general question about shipping.  Is ebay ever going to offer the option of the Global Shipping Program for Canadian sellers?  I see many sellers in the USA and the UK who make use of the program and am wondering why ebay dosen't make it an option for Canadian sellers shipping overseas.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

bargainhunteram
Community Member

Good morning,

I was intending to post some questions on last week's chat.  I spent a considerable amount of time looking for your post, both the day before and the morning of what I thought was the scheduled time of the session.  I finally gave up.  It wasn't until I visited the discussion board last night that I saw that last week's date and time had been changed.  In future, might I suggest that if you are changing the schedule, that you post a heads-up the day before the originally scheduled time providing the revised information.

I was anxious to use the weekly .ca board chat because I repeatedly receive incorrect or incomplete solutions when I contact "Help" for .ca related questions and issues, as the staff people that I've spoken to have not been well educated about the .ca platform.  

Although the chat session may be helpful in certain situations, it;'s not my first choice.  I've been told that there is not dedicated .ca support, either by phone or email.  If this isn't correct, please provide me with information as to how to contact .ca customer service.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Quick quick question: why are some ebay sellers being invited to sign up for their shippo accounts while others are not? 

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I would like some answers to last weeks questions. You asked me to PM you but you had PM turned off. I then PM'd qottie to relay to you and have heard nothing since

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Hi Tyler.

I reported a bug with the ebay feedback page. A feedback count, was removed right before my eyes while looking at the number of feedbacks I had. It took about 2 minutes and then it changed the feedback again, to what it was a few minutes before. Unfortunately I did not think to "screencapture my screen.
Ebay has also wiped out all of my followers at the same time, and when I called ebay twice about it, I was told, in so many words, that it was not an issue for them, and they couldn't do anything about losing my Followers. This is so frustrating and unfair. I got the impression, that they thought I was imagining it.
They did not address the concerns of tampering with my account.
My ebay feedback count, was also dialed back.
This all happened last week and I was still having issues with my feedback page last night.
I had to sign out then sign back in, for it to correct itself.
Sorry this is so long, but I am passionate about trying to get some justice and that eBay maintains a level playing field for all its' members, as you are.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I shipped an item and told buyer It was cheaper to send then I thought and I would be sending back some money to them. Instead of getting a thank you, buyer called me a liar and wanted their money back. They live in Mexico so I tried to explain this was a good thing. I was called a liar again, and things went downhill from there. They wanted a tracking number and I tried to explain that in Canada there is no tracking number for an item shipped in a brown envelope. I do not trust this buyer. If they want their payment back an hour after I told them it was shipped AND offered some payment back

Since there is no tracking number, how am I protected? I have received pages upon pages of complaining, and wanting their money back within an hour of shipment
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Tyler;

Regarding:  

• Some Search pages show watchers, some don't  --- it was some items show watchers and other items even though they have watchers do not show.  

Something new both on ebay.com and ebay.ca under genre, it doesn't allow to enter your own.  See it's greyed out and when you click the arrow, it still doesn't allow anything to be written there. genre.jpg

Hi musicyouneed. 

Hoping you can pass any additional details you have about specific missing catalogue items to Tyler so we can dig in. (Apologies if you have already done so).

I'm unable to replicate the issue with item specifics listing in the "music > records" or "music > cd's category. Can you tell me more about the category you were listing in, and whether or not you had selected an item from the catalogue or were creating your own?

Many thanks and apologies for the glitches. 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I have a couple of concerns;

I'm not receiving the initial "best offer notification" in my email account. I have to log-in to my selling account to view any new emails.

This becomes problematic when I have offers that I wasn't notified about as I spend more time in my buying account then I do in my selling account.

also...

When I click on "back to previous page" it takes me back to my home summary page instead of the previous page I just viewed. This becomes very annoying when trying to surf around eBay.

Thanks for your time,

Derrick

Hi Derrick,

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues.  Can you please give me some more details so I can investigate?

Let me try to tackle the Best Offer notifications first.  

- Is this a recent change - ie. have you received these emails in the past?  If so, do you know when that changed?  

- When you say 'initial "best offer notification"', are you receiving notifications for offers after the first offer from the same buyer?

- I'm assuming that you have checked your Spam filters, or any other places where the emails might be accidentally sent, but if you haven't could you please do so?

For the "back to previous page" question:

- On which page are you referring to this link?  

If you can give me some more details on these points I can try to investigate further.  Thanks.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Tyler;

Regarding:  

Hi musicyouneed. 

Hoping you can pass any additional details you have about specific missing catalogue items to Tyler so we can dig in. (Apologies if you have already done so).

I'm unable to replicate the issue with item specifics listing in the "music > records" or "music > cd's category. Can you tell me more about the category you were listing in, and whether or not you had selected an item from the catalogue or were creating your own?

Many thanks and apologies for the glitches. 

Actually thanks to qottie I think we have this figured out. 

In your screen cap, I can see that you have "world music selected" at the top. If you pull down that menu and scroll further, you'll see "Enter your own". If you click this, you cna add your own Genre. 

What you were seeing instead was the list of "styles" that are available within "world music", and this is a closed set of choices that you can't add to.

I hope that helps.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I would like some answers to last weeks questions. You asked me to PM you but you had PM turned off. I then PM'd qottie to relay to you and have heard nothing since

Sorry for the message mix-up, Qottie got me your message (and helped me fix the PM issue), and I see that you linked me to a .com weekly chat that advised contact if you feel the buyer is avoiding a block. Neither of us have received any other messages with specific examples, but I wanted to recap here in case I missed any:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... It looks like Rodney addressed this concern.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... Still happy to help with this if you have specific instances where your insurance claim has been denied because of buyer's lack of cooperation! Just PM me details.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... To clarify: if you're looking at the summary totals those may not update to include cancelled or removed transactions, as there are widgets that simply track static data. If you're referring to your monthly selling limits those should be updating within 48 hours of a cancellation. Happy to look at specific transactions if you'd like to PM me those examples.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... I think Qottie addressed this one, but if you need more detail please let us know!

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... Still happy to review any specific cases you have.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... : If you have any examples of buyers abusing your blocks please report the buyer, or consider sending me a PM with that information so I can investigate further.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Tyler, I had to call ebay this evening regarding a refund of shipping I was doing for a buyer.  They had purchased 6 CD's from me, 4 on ebay.ca and 2 on ebay.com.  The money that they paid from shipping on .ca for the 4 would cover the shipping of all 6 CD's.  While on the phone with ebay, I refunded the $6.00 USD shipping in paypal and asked her to give me an ebay credit for FVF for the $6.00 USD shipping I refunded, which I figured would be 60 cents US.  Well the CSR said I would not get a refund on my FVF on shipping even if I refunded.  

Many times I have refunded shipping especially on multiple purchases and many times do not know what the shipping will be until I go to the PO, each time it is different based on weight and where I am shipping to.  Each time I call Ebay, I have got my FVF on shipping refunded, except for this time.  Is this something that is new or did she make a mistake?  How do I get my FVF back on the shipping refunded?

Hi @musicyouneed - ultimately our goal is to be able to get you the tools necessary for you not to have to worry about incremental overages on shipping. Combined shipping and promotional shipping rules usually work and prevent the need for you to request such a credit, but I get that there are situations where that won't always work out. I'm glad you did right by the buyer and got them that partial, and if you'll PM me I'll make sure that you get the credit of the fees.

In general, there is not a rule that says 'no credits for partial refunds of shipping', so I'm confused why you would be told that. I'd also expect that if you were going to be denied that you would also be offered coaching on implementing a solution that would work for you and not require you to request it rather than telling you that you needed to eat that loss. Will you let me know the time of your call (if you made multiple yesterday) so I can have it reviewed and coached when you PM me? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 25
latest reply

@bargainhunteram wrote:

Good morning,

I was intending to post some questions on last week's chat.  I spent a considerable amount of time looking for your post, both the day before and the morning of what I thought was the scheduled time of the session.  I finally gave up.  It wasn't until I visited the discussion board last night that I saw that last week's date and time had been changed.  In future, might I suggest that if you are changing the schedule, that you post a heads-up the day before the originally scheduled time providing the revised information.

I was anxious to use the weekly .ca board chat because I repeatedly receive incorrect or incomplete solutions when I contact "Help" for .ca related questions and issues, as the staff people that I've spoken to have not been well educated about the .ca platform.  

Although the chat session may be helpful in certain situations, it;'s not my first choice.  I've been told that there is not dedicated .ca support, either by phone or email.  If this isn't correct, please provide me with information as to how to contact .ca customer service.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Hi @bargainhunteram,

First of, let me apologise for the last minute move on the chat session last week.  We had a couple of conflicts come up just before the time slot, so we didn't have a good chance to give more notice on the shifting in the time period.  Forgive us for that - it won't be a common occurrence, and if we do need to move things we will try to give more notice in the future.

For what it's worth, we do open the boards a day before the chat session, so feel free to post questions in advance.  We do continue to answer the questions after the time period ends, as needed, if only by personal message for support issues, etc.

I agree with your point about the chat being intended for discussion about status updates / upcoming launches, general questions about functionality, etc.  If sellers are having an issue which requires immediate attention, or is related specifically to their account, they should contact eBay support.

To your point about .ca support, it is true that there is no support specifically dedicated to .ca, however there is North American support which handles cases for both .ca and .com.  They have all the info, access, training, etc. to be able to support either .ca or .com sellers, so you should not have any issues getting the answers you need.

I hope this helps, and thanks for your patience with the change in timing.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@forester_studios wrote:

Hi  -  I have a general question about shipping.  Is ebay ever going to offer the option of the Global Shipping Program for Canadian sellers?  I see many sellers in the USA and the UK who make use of the program and am wondering why ebay dosen't make it an option for Canadian sellers shipping overseas.  Thanks.

Hi forester_studios. 

We have no plans to introduce a global shipping program for sellers shipping from inside Canada at this time. But you never know...

Part of the rationale for the US global shipping program was that US sellers aren't always willing to be bothered figuring out how to add international shipping and what to charge for it. For them, GSP is a "check a box" experience that is really easy to adopt. While we'd probably all agree it's still way too hard to figure out how to set up shipping properly on your listings for max exposure on eBay, what we've seen over the years is that Canadians are much more export-focused, and are way more likely to take the time to figure out how to specify shipping directly. 

Another part of the rationale for it is that buyers seem to like to know the full landed cost of items they are considering purchasing - particularly if they are expensive items. When you're a US buyer purchasing from Canada, that's less of an issue because the personal exemption for shipping into the US before duties and taxes applies is way, way higher than the $20 limit we have shipping into Canada. 

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Quick quick question: why are some ebay sellers being invited to sign up for their shippo accounts while others are not? 

Hi @momcqueen,

We are gradually rolling out Shippo access to sellers at the moment, to make sure that the tool meets sellers needs before we roll it out at a larger scale.  We will be inviting more sellers to try out the platform over the next few days, and we expect the Shippo tool to be broadly available to all sellers in the next week or two.  

Keep an eye out for updates on the full roll-out!

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@equalityrocks wrote:

Hi Tyler.

I reported a bug with the ebay feedback page. A feedback count, was removed right before my eyes while looking at the number of feedbacks I had. It took about 2 minutes and then it changed the feedback again, to what it was a few minutes before. Unfortunately I did not think to "screencapture my screen.
Ebay has also wiped out all of my followers at the same time, and when I called ebay twice about it, I was told, in so many words, that it was not an issue for them, and they couldn't do anything about losing my Followers. This is so frustrating and unfair. I got the impression, that they thought I was imagining it.
They did not address the concerns of tampering with my account.
My ebay feedback count, was also dialed back.
This all happened last week and I was still having issues with my feedback page last night.
I had to sign out then sign back in, for it to correct itself.
Sorry this is so long, but I am passionate about trying to get some justice and that eBay maintains a level playing field for all its' members, as you are.

Hey @equalityrocks - that definitely sounds unusual. While the number of feedback in the 12 month lookback on your feedback profile does update on a rolling 365 day calendar, your feedback total number (the number next to your id) shouldn't be shifting.  If you see it change or adjust in the future if you're able to capture screenshots that would be really helpful!

When it comes to followers, do you mean of you as a seller or of a particular item/collection you have? If a listing ends the follower count would reset, but I'm not familiar of any situation where we would be going in and reducing your subscribed followers. Will you PM me any further detail you have so I can get this reported? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Sorry for the message mix-up, Qottie got me your message (and helped me fix the PM issue), and I see that you linked me to a .com weekly chat that advised contact if you feel the buyer is avoiding a block. Neither of us have received any other messages with specific examples, but I wanted to recap here in case I missed any:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... It looks like Rodney addressed this concern.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... Still happy to help with this if you have specific instances where your insurance claim has been denied because of buyer's lack of cooperation! Just PM me details.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... To clarify: if you're looking at the summary totals those may not update to include cancelled or removed transactions, as there are widgets that simply track static data. If you're referring to your monthly selling limits those should be updating within 48 hours of a cancellation. Happy to look at specific transactions if you'd like to PM me those examples.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... I think Qottie addressed this one, but if you need more detail please let us know!

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... Still happy to review any specific cases you have.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-14-2017-Weekly-Session-Moving-to-June-15/m-p/37... : If you have any examples of buyers abusing your blocks please report the buyer, or consider sending me a PM with that information so I can investigate further.

Thanks!

Sorry, but most are not answered.

I am asking what Ebay Canada's positions are on these issues, not if I have any examples. I don't want to do something or run into situations, then find out there are problems. A lot of what is posted on the US chat is held to be true as that is what CS will use. Whether it is in policy or not does no longer seem to be an issue.

I am only trying to find out how what happens on .com will affect us even though we are supposed to be separate from them.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply