June 27th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Opening the chat up. I'll be in tomorrow to help get answers. 🙂

Still working on a previous weeks' follow up chart, thanks for your patience!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hi Tyler,
Two questions regarding the missing pictures from GTC auto renewals:
1. Why has Ebay not announced that this occurred last weekend. Many sellers may still not know. Sales are impacted negatively when pictures don't exist.
2. Does Ebay intend to replace the missing pictures? Many sellers do not have copies for replacement. I know you can easily replace the gallery picture, but multiple pictures are still missing. Hours of work to replace them. Can Ebay provide a recovery method?

Thanks for any insights.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I have to say that I am very surprised and disappointed in how the "MIA" pictures in renewing GTC items situation has been handled to date.

For sellers that frequent the boards, we at least knew on the weekend there was a problem.

There has been no official announcement even yet, on .CA or .COM and sellers are still just discovering the problem today. As far as I know, this affects everyone with a store with GTC items, at least on .CA and .COM, probably many 1000s of sellers and perhaps millions of items.

I understand there was a desire to postpone announcement of the problem until a fix was created for the missing pictures, but now we're on something like day 5 of the issue, with only half of the problem fixed (of the cause and effect, the cause was fixed on Sunday/Mondayish, the effect of missing pictures fix is still in progress) and no reliable way to know the status of the continuing efforts (very mixed messages are presented on the boards).

I'm not a big player by any means, but if I have to manually fix the items missing their pictures, I'm in for at least 15 hours work, assuming I'm still only with 280 to fix. I'm fortunate that I still have all my pictures, but to repair each item, I have to pull the item to know it's pictures, re-add them and put it back away again.

I remain optimistic that an automated way of resolving the MIA pictures will be identified, but I would very much appreciate knowing that this is being treated as a significant serious issue and what's being done to try to address the outstanding issue of the missing pictures.

This thread has more background information:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Item-Images-are-missing-when-GTC-Listings-are-automatica...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

How is eBay going to compensate sellers for restoring the missing images for the GTC Listings that were effected last weekend (Thursday- Saturday).

I know eBay isn't going to fix the problem and restore the images that are now M.I.A. An apology from EBay Corp. needs to be issued and compensation needs to be forthcoming for every seller that was affected by this very inconvenient glitch. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Last month I complained because ebay stopped sending me emails when my items needed to be relisted. That was finally fixed, This week, 5 days went by and I received no emails when my items sold. It's really hard to work this way. Any idea why this keeps happening? Very frustrating.

Also just curious if you know why if  I sell a postcard for 3.50 to someone in Canada, my paypal fees are 4 cents less than if I sell one in the US

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I’m adding my voice to the GTC Missing Photos Choir: is ebay offering any actual reassurance that they're going to FIX the affected listings that got wrecked, or is ebay simply saying they won't wreck any new ones? Mine are among the affected, I don't even know the number as I haven’t time to analyze it.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I mentioned this on the community discussion boards last week.

Can You Explain Why All Transactions Are Not Counted To Be A Top Rated Seller? 

I don't understand what is the point of Global or US Regions.  Another seller explained that Global sales EXCLUDE any sales that ship to USA, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.  I have sold 10 items so far in June (way below average), but on my Seller's Dashboard it only counts 2.  I am in danger of falling below the 100 transaction standard to keep my Top Rated Seller.  I know they made some changes last year in this regard.  But shouldn't every transaction count?  Who cares what country it was sold to?  Can someone clarify what the point of this is? The only benefit I can see is to eBay as they want us to lose our TRS so they don't have to give us the extras such as 10% off.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Also just curious if you know why if  I sell a postcard for 3.50 to someone in Canada, my paypal fees are 4 cents less than if I sell one in the US

When your buyer is Canadian the Paypal percentage is 2.9%.  For US buyers it is 3.7% and 3.9% for the rest of the world.   Does tha account for the difference you are seeing?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@renata6 wrote:
Hi Tyler,
Two questions regarding the missing pictures from GTC auto renewals:
1. Why has Ebay not announced that this occurred last weekend. Many sellers may still not know. Sales are impacted negatively when pictures don't exist.
2. Does Ebay intend to replace the missing pictures? Many sellers do not have copies for replacement. I know you can easily replace the gallery picture, but multiple pictures are still missing. Hours of work to replace them. Can Ebay provide a recovery method?

Thanks for any insights.

Hi @renata6 - the photo issue is one that we're working on still. I don't have a lot of answers for anyone on this right now, but I'll keep updates coming here as I receive them.

Tagging  @ricarmic, @silverpinups and @momcqueen who had questions/concerns along similar veins.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Last month I complained because ebay stopped sending me emails when my items needed to be relisted. That was finally fixed, This week, 5 days went by and I received no emails when my items sold. It's really hard to work this way. Any idea why this keeps happening? Very frustrating.

Hi @bunbar - that's unusual. I always recommend checking your email provider to make certain they're not being sent to 'junk' mail or filtered out as spam. I know my gmail account likes to be very judicious with what it considers relevant to me.

If those settings are still good, the only other thing I can think of is to contact CS directly to see about getting a tech report filed.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Hi Tyler, I mentioned this on the community discussion boards last week.

Can You Explain Why All Transactions Are Not Counted To Be A Top Rated Seller? 

I don't understand what is the point of Global or US Regions.  Another seller explained that Global sales EXCLUDE any sales that ship to USA, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.  I have sold 10 items so far in June (way below average), but on my Seller's Dashboard it only counts 2.  I am in danger of falling below the 100 transaction standard to keep my Top Rated Seller.  I know they made some changes last year in this regard.  But shouldn't every transaction count?  Who cares what country it was sold to?  Can someone clarify what the point of this is? The only benefit I can see is to eBay as they want us to lose our TRS so they don't have to give us the extras such as 10% off.

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - that's a really good question. The 10% should be determined by your US metrics, so losing the badge shouldn't impact your discount. I can definitely get you more context on this though!

Before the change, all sales counted towards the 'Global' metric, even when they were also being counted towards other programs. Essentially, some transactions were getting double weighted, leading to many members getting Top Rated status for regions that they didn't actually do much business with.

A more thorough explanation is here, with some FAQs too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for your time today! I'll keep everyone posted as I get updates on the photo issue. Thanks for your patience with me. Smiley Happy

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply