June 6th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Nearly a week into June already, can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday I was in parkas and snow boots cursing the snow and dreaming of Summer. And now it's here and I'm missing cooler weather. Oh well, 'On ne peut pas gagner,' I suppose.

Leave a question below and I'll make sure it gets an answer, and see you tomorrow!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

hi. we have been noticing the apparent removal of the see other items tab, that was always available when searching a seller's site.  It is still there on some sellers and not there on others..

Is it eBay's intention to permanently remove this feature, because i for one and plenty of other buyers use it quite often, and trying to work around it not being there is not enjoyable at all, the new visit store link, is clunky to navigate and i can see this disappointing potential   buyers..

Most buyers know how to navigate our sites, and ebay is making changes that make it more difficult for buyers to find our items.. i for one have seen sales fall off the charts these last 4-5 days since the see other items tab has been removed from my site..

Please leave it there, if you must keep the new visit store link, please also keep the old see other items tab as well..there is no reason at all to remove it..

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Another new change that has happened recently is when trying to look at the sold items of a seller.  When you click on the sold item a message comes up on the top of the page saying "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you."  There is a totally different picture & item for sale by the seller.  It doesn't show you the sold item you wanted to look at. The only way to see the original item is to click on the word listing that is highlighted. Not sure why eBay is changing so many things that we sellers or buyers want.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

When using Advanced Search, the ability to search by seller has been removed...I often used that search  feature, as I am sure countless others did also. What "logical" reason would eBay have to remove that? ...It's a terrible idea to take away that feature!

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

hi. we have been noticing the apparent removal of the see other items tab, that was always available when searching a seller's site.  It is still there on some sellers and not there on others..

Is it eBay's intention to permanently remove this feature,

Sellers without a store will have the "see other items" link and Sellers with a store will unfortunately have the "visit store" store link.

tyler@ebay Sellers with a store should have both options because were paying for store subscriptions! The buyer should have the option of choosing which link they prefer to browse with.....

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

At the weekly chat 2 weeks ago I asked why the Collectibles category was not shown when you clicked on "Buy Canadian" on the ebay home page.

You replied:

"Still waiting for more input on the Collectibles category when it comes to this too. Thanks!"

Do you know why yet?

Thanks,

Judith

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

When using Advanced Search, the ability to search by seller has been removed...I often used that search  feature, as I am sure countless others did also. What "logical" reason would eBay have to remove that? ...It's a terrible idea to take away that feature!

You can still search by seller but in a different way. When you click on find items by seller it takes you to the bottom of the advanced search page. Then under sellers, check off  ‘only save items from’ and then enter sellers name.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Good morning, Tyler. I have to complain about the same thing as I did before. Again I received an invitation to Activate Offer on an ebay Bucks promo that was expired two days prior to me receiving my message via eBay Messages. There is something WRONG with eBay mesages, and not only for me.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Thanks-for-a-kick-in-the-pants-Message-received-two-days-...
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Good afternoon Tyler, 

I noticed today, on checking my eBay bill, that I've been double-charged for my store subscription.  The same amount is listed twice, with the same time period covered.  My subscription runs from May 1st each year. 

I'm hoping this is an error/glitch (I've seen other sellers bring up this same question).  If it is, can you tell me how I can get this sorted out before the bill is due to go through my Paypal account around June 15th? 

If it isn't an error, can you explain why this is happening?  Thanks!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Store Subscription.

For a twelve month cycle...

First month of cycle ... Double billed.

Last month of cycle.... Not billed

Had some problems with being billed for Bold in title...  Called eBay and this was corrected..

Also found out about this store subscription situation,,,,

May is my last month of a 12 month cycle....  June is my first month of the next 12 month cycle. 

-----------------------

Look back to the situation in 2017

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

Is it eBay's intention to permanently remove this feature, because i for one and plenty of other buyers use it quite often, and trying to work around it not being there is not enjoyable at all, the new visit store link, is clunky to navigate and i can see this disappointing potential   buyers..

Most buyers know how to navigate our sites, and ebay is making changes that make it more difficult for buyers to find our items.. i for one have seen sales fall off the charts these last 4-5 days since the see other items tab has been removed from my site..

Please leave it there, if you must keep the new visit store link, please also keep the old see other items tab as well..there is no reason at all to remove it..

Hi @esclyons - this was a change about a month ago, with the goal to streamline the View Item Page and help reduce confusion for buyers. @silverpinups is correct that for member's with a store subscription the link will be 'Visit Store', and for those without a subscription the 'View Other Items' will display. 

Ultimately we would rather funnel members to your storefront and allow you to present your items organized in the way you have selected than to give a single list of all your inventory when you have gone to significant effort in setting it up.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Another new change that has happened recently is when trying to look at the sold items of a seller.  When you click on the sold item a message comes up on the top of the page saying "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you."  There is a totally different picture & item for sale by the seller.  It doesn't show you the sold item you wanted to look at. The only way to see the original item is to click on the word listing that is highlighted. Not sure why eBay is changing so many things that we sellers or buyers want.

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - that's something we're working on getting more information about. I'll keep this thread updated when I have updates!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Hi @mrdutch1001 - I'm able to find it without too much of an issue: Advanced>Items By Seller>Only Show Items from. It allows me to enter a member id without an issue either.

Can you let me know how you were searching by seller or a specific example I can look at? It may be worth a browser cache/cookies clearing or trying from another browser.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@lucitabby wrote:

Hi Tyler,

At the weekly chat 2 weeks ago I asked why the Collectibles category was not shown when you clicked on "Buy Canadian" on the ebay home page.

You replied:

"Still waiting for more input on the Collectibles category when it comes to this too. Thanks!"

Do you know why yet?

Thanks,

Judith

I'm still waiting I'm afraid. I've sent another email to remind them we're still here and hopefully we'll have an answer this week. Thanks for your patience!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Good morning, Tyler. I have to complain about the same thing as I did before. Again I received an invitation to Activate Offer on an ebay Bucks promo that was expired two days prior to me receiving my message via eBay Messages. There is something WRONG with eBay mesages, and not only for me.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Thanks-for-a-kick-in-the-pants-Message-received-two-days-...

That's really fair - at a certain point it would be better not to get things like this than to get things so late. I'll check out the thread and get more reports filed about the delays. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Good afternoon Tyler, 

I noticed today, on checking my eBay bill, that I've been double-charged for my store subscription.  The same amount is listed twice, with the same time period covered.  My subscription runs from May 1st each year. 

I'm hoping this is an error/glitch (I've seen other sellers bring up this same question).  If it is, can you tell me how I can get this sorted out before the bill is due to go through my Paypal account around June 15th? 

If it isn't an error, can you explain why this is happening?  Thanks!

Hi @rose-dee - no, that shouldn't be happening. @cumos55 is right that we get you a month ahead when you first start your subscription, but billing shouldn't 'stutter' like that unless there was a change in store levels or some other kind of prorating.

Best thing to do at this point would be to let CS know. If you're a fan of calling you can do it by phone, or if you have Facebook for your business or personal use send the eBay Canada Facebook page a private message and they'll get you sorted out. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Jumping in to address some questions about the reasoning behind the items chosen to be featured in the Buy Canadian event.

This is a new event, so we don't have information from previous attempts to build on. In order to set it up for success as best they could, our Marketing team had to do a lot of work in researching items with broad appeal and deep inventory. We also needed to make sure that the sellers included were of high caliber and would provide excellent service to buyers who shop the event.

I don't know that Collectibles was specifically excluded; perhaps there simply weren't enough items that met these requirements. Or, there were stronger contenders in other categories.

It doesn't mean that we will never include items from this category, should we decide to run this event again in the future. It's just what we have decided to run with for the first go-round, and that's the long and short of it.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week everyone - If I've asked for more information on your question please send me a private message and I will get to it today or Friday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - I was able to get an update on the Sold page:

We are aware that this week some sellers who use search to find ‘completed listings’ occasionally were unable to see their view item page for items that have sold through search. Some sellers have also reported being rerouted to a page that shows only active listings, not confirmed sold. We are also aware that some buyers were also unable to see the view item page for items they have purchased.

Yesterday we were able to successfully roll back the new experience, and all redirects will go now revert to the original closed listing.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Amendment:

It doesn't look like the roll back has occurred completely for everyone. I'm in touch with tech and will keep things current as I hear them!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 20
latest reply