March 28th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi there everyone -

Looking forward to chatting with you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi Tyler, did you ever hear anything back about the irritating Relist emails that I am still receiving? The ones that I can’t seem to get to stop even though I haven’t requested them?

Still no way of changing anything in my seller requirements.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Good morning, Tyler.

I’m looking for a definitive answer on this, it’s a question that was raised by another user this week that has since been resolved by alternative means. However, it created vigorous debate that drew to a conclusion without a firm answer to my mind.

When a buyer has to return an item bought through the Global Shipping Program (GSP) because it was Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) either due to poor item description by the seller or factory defect by the manufacturer (and it’s not a case where it was mishandled or damaged by Pitney Bowes through the Kentucky hub which is handled differently as we all know) how does the buyer recoup their import fees paid? The buyer DOES get a full refund, I’m assuming it can be no other way. Does he not?

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Returns-and-GSP/m-p/398022#M90960

Thank you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Disregard my query! Happy_pidgeon came back with the answer we needed on that thread this morning, my question was posed to you prior to that. All is well. Thanks!
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

There are a large number of my listings showing 

"eBay note - This listing hasn't had any sales in the past 16 months. Please consider revising it"

My response to that is.....according to "View sales history" info supplied by eBay and seemingly accurate, some/many of these "no sales in the past 16 months" messages are showing in error. Some confirmed sales as recent as 14 days, 20 days, 40 days back.

Site wide issue?  Just my lucky day? Checking to see if I would notice? There by design? A new discussion board badge caused this?  All the above?  Or....?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Just wondering why some sellers get free listing days and ohters don't.  I used to get them all the time but havent' seen one in over a year. I don't need more listings amounts, Just the ability to list on auction in catergories that I can't right now. For example sheet music, If I want to list this on an auction instead of buy it now I have to pay extra for each listing. You'd think with the amount they charge for having a store we could choose the catergory we want to list an auction in. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Disregard my query! Happy_pidgeon came back with the answer we needed on that thread this morning, my question was posed to you prior to that. All is well. Thanks!

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, but glad that Happy_pidgeon was able to get the answers we needed.

Another reason why I'm glad she roosts here. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Hi Tyler, did you ever hear anything back about the irritating Relist emails that I am still receiving? The ones that I can’t seem to get to stop even though I haven’t requested them?

Still no way of changing anything in my seller requirements.

Thanks.

Hi @msmaggie060! I haven't forgotten about you, but also haven't heard back. I'll shake the tree again and DM you with any updates I get from it.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

There are a large number of my listings showing 

"eBay note - This listing hasn't had any sales in the past 16 months. Please consider revising it"

My response to that is.....according to "View sales history" info supplied by eBay and seemingly accurate, some/many of these "no sales in the past 16 months" messages are showing in error. Some confirmed sales as recent as 14 days, 20 days, 40 days back.

Site wide issue?  Just my lucky day? Checking to see if I would notice? There by design? A new discussion board badge caused this?  All the above?  Or....?

Definitely doesn't sound like your lucky day. I did some checking and I have one or two reports of this scattered about over the last few months, but nothing recently. Doesn't mean it's not happening though. I'll get it reported!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Just wondering why some sellers get free listing days and ohters don't.  I used to get them all the time but havent' seen one in over a year. I don't need more listings amounts, Just the ability to list on auction in catergories that I can't right now. For example sheet music, If I want to list this on an auction instead of buy it now I have to pay extra for each listing. You'd think with the amount they charge for having a store we could choose the catergory we want to list an auction in. 

Hi @bunbar - promotions are sent out to targeted segments of eBay members based on a variety of factors, and they differ from promo to promo.

The good news is that if you list auction style within certain categories you receive insertion fee credits. The less good news is that sheet music isn't one of those categories. The silver lining is that while you may be charged an insertion fee for an auction, as long as it ends with a winning bid you are credited the insertion fee charge.

Good suggestion on using the store's insertion fee credits as you choose rather than stipulating where they can be redeemed. It's one we get regularly and make sure the stores team are aware. I'll add your name to the list of accounts that would like to see it in the future. 🙂

Make sure your account settings are set up to receive marketing offers and that your email provider isn't sending things to the junk or spam filter and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a promo soon!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining today, the chat is closed.

I'll be out and about on the boards for a few hours today and again on Friday too. See you around!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply