May 23rd 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Opening up the chat for tomorrow. Hoping to see you then!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Hi there.

When will the Summer Seller Update be released for eBay Canada?

The seller updates pretty much ruin my day if not week, I’d like to brace myself for impact. Warn family, friends to take cover et cetera.

Thanks,
Maureen

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

On the ebay Home page there is a scrolling  ad - one of the ads is the red Shop Canadian.  If you click on the Shop Canadian, it takes you to a page that says Buy Canadian under which there are categories - click on Books, then click on Antiquarian & Collectible - there are over 4,000 - to narrow it down, click on Topic, Canada.  Now you have 87 books.  None are mine.

Where are:

These 3 books are listed in Books - Antiquarian & Collectible- Topic-Canada.

Another question is - Why are Collectibles not listed under the Buy Canadian categories?

Thank you,

Judith

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

OK - and another one.

From the Home page - Shop Canadian - Buy Canadian - Jewellery & Watches - Fashion Jewellery - Pins & Brooches  -  my brooch is not there.

Where is   292572116055

I keep finding more but will leave it here for now. 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Speaking of that Shop Canadian promo, it’s also featured on the front page of the iPhone app. Which is nice. Except for a week straight, everything in that spot whether it’s Shop Canadian or List and Sell for $1 leads to:

Page Not Responding

The eBay page or feature you are attempting to access is not responding.
Please try the options below:
Try to access the feature directly from the eBay Home Page, instead of using a bookmark.
Wait a few minutes and try to access the feature again.
If you have waited ten to fifteen minutes and you still can't access your page:
Check our Announcement Board to see if the feature is currently unavailable.
If what you are looking for is unavailable, you may still be able to access other parts of the site from the eBay Home page
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I’d supply a screenshot but the Community forum disallows .png files.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

I see that my traffic data has recently jumped from april 18th to may 5, but data is still not updating in real time, as there still is a 2-week+ delay. Do you have any recent update on this issue ?

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Hello Tyler. Have you heard any more about those darn “relist your items” messages that I am still getting and am unable to stop. As an aside, ever since they started my sales have dropped from an average of 30 per month (used to be much more than that) to 4 this month. This is sad.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Good afternoon Tyler, 

I'd like to ask a clarification question.  This week I sold an item of substantial value that I had listed on eBay.ca under a promo that came out a few weeks ago, which (if I recall correctly) was for no FVFs on a limited number of items listed within a given time period.  I did list this item within the time period, it showed up on the count for the promo, and I see that on my seller account, the word "PROMO" is shown next to the item. 

However, a fee equivalent to 7% of the selling price is shown in the fee charged column.   I'm not sure why 7% and not 9%, which is what I would have expected for a normal store owner FVF, but that's what the figure works out to, including the FVFs on shipping.  As far as I remember, the promo wasn't for reduced  FVFs, but no FVFs (perhaps I'm not recalling correctly though, and I can't find the details of the promo now).  

My question is this -- for these sorts of "no FVFs" promos, does eBay first charge the fee to our accounts that would otherwise be charged, and then credit that amount back to the seller once the monthly invoice is actually processed?  I'm hoping that is the case, as the fee shown is a substantial one, and I really don't want to have to call Customer Service in advance of my billing date to remove it if it is going to be credited automatically.   Thanks! 

P.S.  While writing this post, my screen suddenly froze and went black, then reloaded this page after about 20 seconds.  I'm back to using Google, as I found Edge really not very smooth and efficient.  I don't know whether this is an eBay or a browser issue, or whether it's related to the other issues I've been having while on eBay, but it's worrying me.  

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Sorry -- one more related question.  Is there somewhere on eBay to check the terms of past  promos, say within the last 6 months?  If there is, I haven't been able to find it.  There doesn't seem to be a link back to the terms on the seller account line item (nor on the word "PROMO" shown there for this sold item).  Thanks! 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Don't know if this will help or not but I noticed under my Promotions that it has both Active & History listed at the top left corner. If you click on History it shows you past offers.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Promotional Offers
Edit display properties of this container |       

Active(4)History(12)

Start Date End Date Used Left Status    
Premium Store Subscription – 1000 Fixed Price Listings
Pay no insertion fees on 1000 fixed price listings, including Good ‘Til Cancelled. Learn More - opens in a new window or tab
Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca
01/05/18 00:00:00 EDT
01/06/18 00:00:00 EDT
Active

List auction-style FREE, up to 500 in select categories
Pay no insertion fee for 500 auction-style listings in collectible and fashion categories. Learn More - opens in a new window or tab
Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca
01/05/18 00:00:00 EDT
01/06/18 00:00:00 EDT
Active

Sell now and save: 20% discount on Final Value Fees.
Receive a 20% final value fee discount for 100 sold items listed during promo period Learn More - opens in a new window or tab
Available at ebay.ca
14/05/18 11:14:12 EDT
02/06/18 23:59:59 EDT
Active

Get free insertions for first 6 vehicle listings in a year.
Available at cafr.ebay.ca,ebay.ca
01/01/18 00:00:00 EST
01/01/19 00:00:00 EST
Active
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Hi there.

When will the Summer Seller Update be released for eBay Canada?

The seller updates pretty much ruin my day if not week, I’d like to brace myself for impact. Warn family, friends to take cover et cetera.

Thanks,
Maureen

Hi Maureen -

I haven't heard precisely when, though I know it's in the works. When we do launch we'll make sure to have a thread set up. And hopefully your family won't have to bunker down for very long!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@lucitabby wrote:

Hello Tyler,

On the ebay Home page there is a scrolling  ad - one of the ads is the red Shop Canadian.  If you click on the Shop Canadian, it takes you to a page that says Buy Canadian under which there are categories - click on Books, then click on Antiquarian & Collectible - there are over 4,000 - to narrow it down, click on Topic, Canada.  Now you have 87 books.  None are mine.

Where are:

These 3 books are listed in Books - Antiquarian & Collectible- Topic-Canada.

Another question is - Why are Collectibles not listed under the Buy Canadian categories?

Thank you,

Judith

Hi @lucitabby - thanks for these examples, I'm not sure why your items wouldn't be visible. I've gotten it reported and requested more information on what's being considered with this display and will update this thread when I hear back.

In the same vein, @momcqueen I've requested an update on the mobile issue as well. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@mypaperstuff wrote:

Hi Tyler, 

I see that my traffic data has recently jumped from april 18th to may 5, but data is still not updating in real time, as there still is a 2-week+ delay. Do you have any recent update on this issue ?

Hi @mypaperstuff - I thought we had gotten this sorted out, but it seems that we're still running into delays. I've gotten your account added to the ticket we have open and hopefully we'll see it update again quickly.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

hello Tyler

Re: Save and Continue Later link

Just went to modify an ended listing and when I tried to use the Save and Continue later link, received the following message. 

https://sm.ebay.ca/

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from sm.ebay.ca (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

This was in Chrome. Have never viewed a  message like that on eBay previously and had no issues with that link in the past. Please advise. Have been finding numerous eBay Help Page links that are not working as they should recently.

-CM
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Hello Tyler. Have you heard any more about those darn “relist your items” messages that I am still getting and am unable to stop. As an aside, ever since they started my sales have dropped from an average of 30 per month (used to be much more than that) to 4 this month. This is sad.

Hi @msmaggie060! I haven't heard back on this and had hoped that you'd stopped getting your sleep interrupted because of them finally.

I'll shake the tree again and see what comes of it!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Hi. 

Re: Last week rose-dee posted regarding an experience she had with being re-directed from ebay.ca search to a scam web-page.

Well. I'm here to report that during the past week I've also experienced some fraudulent activity while using the ebay.ca search pages. Upon the second occurrence of this happening I took the time to record the details.

System Details

• Windows 10 64 bit with auto updates enabled
  • Windows Defender
  • Chrome browser Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit
  • Chrome pop-up blocker enabled
  • Trusteer Rapport endpoint protection running on ebay.ca and ebay.com

Event Details

• where - ebay.ca domain
  • what I was doing -  searching in Antiques > Furniture > Parts & Salvaged Pieces
  • search terms used - claw glass ball; claw glass ball foot; glass ball foot
  • what happened - after spending a few minutes reviewing search results I was redirected to a non ebay.ca page (not a pop-up)
  • the fraudulent page was presenting itself to be a "Microsoft Rewards" page. Users of Bing will be aware of Microsoft's current rewards program promoting the use of Edge and Bing. (clever marketing imo)
  • Trusteer Rapport would not allow me to take screenshots, could not over-ride the block which is unusual, so took pics with my phone, attached below.
  • This occurred on a clean infection free system, it has been thoroughly scanned by several anti-virus, anti-malware programs including BitDefender Total Security which found nothing malicious.

This is an important point .... these adventures occur ONLY, repeat ONLY while browsing the ebay.ca search results. This has never occurred while browsing any other domain I've visited throughout the WWW .... not even on ebay.com. 

As a consequence of these events I now feel it necessary to avoid ebay.ca with the exception of the Seller Hub and associated pages. I now use ebay.com exclusively to perform searches.

Imagine the reactions of ebay.ca shoppers when they are exposed to this mischief ...  and there are surely many thousands of them!!

User is re-directed from an ebay.ca search results page to this address, not to a new tab or window.The page imitates a Windows dialog screen, obviously  I did not click OK!

The new page fills the entire browser viewing area except for the address and bookmarks bar.

This domain has been around and attempting to scam people for years, in the past through phony emails.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Good afternoon Tyler, 

I'd like to ask a clarification question.  This week I sold an item of substantial value that I had listed on eBay.ca under a promo that came out a few weeks ago, which (if I recall correctly) was for no FVFs on a limited number of items listed within a given time period.  I did list this item within the time period, it showed up on the count for the promo, and I see that on my seller account, the word "PROMO" is shown next to the item. 

However, a fee equivalent to 7% of the selling price is shown in the fee charged column.   I'm not sure why 7% and not 9%, which is what I would have expected for a normal store owner FVF, but that's what the figure works out to, including the FVFs on shipping.  As far as I remember, the promo wasn't for reduced  FVFs, but no FVFs (perhaps I'm not recalling correctly though, and I can't find the details of the promo now).  

My question is this -- for these sorts of "no FVFs" promos, does eBay first charge the fee to our accounts that would otherwise be charged, and then credit that amount back to the seller once the monthly invoice is actually processed?  I'm hoping that is the case, as the fee shown is a substantial one, and I really don't want to have to call Customer Service in advance of my billing date to remove it if it is going to be credited automatically.   Thanks! 

P.S.  While writing this post, my screen suddenly froze and went black, then reloaded this page after about 20 seconds.  I'm back to using Google, as I found Edge really not very smooth and efficient.  I don't know whether this is an eBay or a browser issue, or whether it's related to the other issues I've been having while on eBay, but it's worrying me.  

Hi @rose-dee - this one doesn't have a stock answer I'm afraid, as different promos charge differently. Some issue a line item charge on your invoice and issue a credit for the same amount. Others mark it as 'promo' and don't charge it to begin with. In very rare 'one-off' situations a charge is credited within the next billing cycle.

The good news is that it should spell it out in the terms and conditions. You should still be able to view them if your account had accepted the promotion by going to the 'History' tab of the promotions section. If you're having trouble finding it shoot me a private message and I'll do some digging too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

hello Tyler

Re: Save and Continue Later link

Just went to modify an ended listing and when I tried to use the Save and Continue later link, received the following message. 

https://sm.ebay.ca/

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from sm.ebay.ca (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

This was in Chrome. Have never viewed a  message like that on eBay previously and had no issues with that link in the past. Please advise. Have been finding numerous eBay Help Page links that are not working as they should recently.

-CM

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - that seems unusual, as typically that's a browser warning when an address isn't considered HTTPS compliant, which the relist screen absolutely should be. I'll get this reported and see what we can find out. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 23
latest reply