November 15th 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Opening the thread for our weekly chat tomorrow.

Thanks for your private messages over the weekend! I will be getting through those over the next two days.

Talk with you soon. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Tyler, yesterday a buyer in Canada purchased 5 items from me and requested an invoice to combine and ship all items together. I responded and sent an invoice with a cost for combined expedited shipping. I then realised that it would be much cheaper to send as lettermail in 3 envelopes (paper items) and then sent a further revised invoice. In order to do this, I found that I had to uncombine the original purchase in ebay, then resend the invoice with the new shipping cost. I received a copy of the re-sent invoice and it looked correct.

However, when my customer paid, she had to pay in 2 amounts and now the purchases show under my sold items as 2 purchases, one with 1 item and one with 4 items and the shipping has reverted back to the original amount, not the revised amount that I sent to her. I have, of course, refunded the difference to her.

I really need to know if I have done something incorrectly or if there is another way to re send invoices in case I ever need to do so again.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Good evening, Tyler.

Regarding the Relisted-Items-Showing-As-Not-Relisted in Unsold that I wrote about last week, will you let me know please when it's safe for me to delete those items because whatever team is finished examining them? The number affected has grown to 159+ now within less than a month and I'd like to clear them out as soon as it is feasible to do so.

Were you ever able to determine what happened to the Guides we wrote? It looks to me like Guides are gone for good in favour of the new Questions and Answers section and, to be honest, I'm not going to break my back answering product queries on items for which I am knowledgeable if those too will be wiped clean in a year from now. 

Also, thank you for your efforts to address the delivery estimates associated with Calculated Shipping within Canada. I see the number of days displayed for remote and rural locations is now significantly closer to accurate than they were before and that entering a postal code affects the estimate provided as it should. At least for Calculated Shipping. My experiments with flat-rate domestic lettermail did not yield the same results but I will take what I can get.

As to the PM I mention I am planning to send to you last week, I know you are busy so I'm certain you didn't note its absence, but I'm still in the process of crafting what I need to say in the appropriate words to convey my concerns. Stay tuned. Also, sales have been brisk so I've been quite busy and that's always a fine thing to report.

Thanks again,

Maureen  

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

About the possible changes to the Community Boards, I'd just like to make one point clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Oh, I was WAITING for someone to do that! THANK YOU! Bwahahahaha. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Hi I have noticed in the CD category that only item specifics and product details are showing for a lot of the CD's.  The detailed item info is missing.  Is this something new?  What happened to the listing of songs that was on the detailed item section?

no detailed item.jpg

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I haven’t been around much for medical reasons the last few weeks and haven’t kept up with the boards so this question may have been addressed already but I would appreciate it if you could answer again.  

I’m usually fairly good at figuring out changes here but frankly I’m finding some of the changes overwhelming and confusing.  One thing that I’ve seen come up on the boards on both .com  from US sellers and on .ca from Canadians are the problem with putting items on sale. There was a post today from a seller here who lists on.com and is unable to put their listings on sale because markdown manager only  show items listed on.ca.  As their store was started on.ca, mm automatically directs them to .ca.  Here is the thread.....

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/213/message-id/85759 

Ive directed them to this thread for an answer so I would appreciate if you could help them.   I’ve suggested that they have to use sellers hub in order to put .com items on sale but that’s a guess on my part as I’m still using selling manager on both sites.  

Another question....

I had resisted using sellers hub on.com as it wasn’t available on both sites and it didn’t make sense to me to be using separate tools on each site ca especially as I have listings on both sites.  At this point I’ve lost track of what is available on which sitte.  Is sellers hub now available on both sites and do they work together?  By that I mean can I work with listings on both sites on either .com and .ca? Or is sellers hub on each site always specific for listings originating on that particular site?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Tyler, I haven’t been around much for medical reasons the last few weeks and haven’t kept up with the boards so this question may have been addressed already but I would appreciate it if you could answer again.  

I’m usually fairly good at figuring out changes here but frankly I’m finding some of the changes overwhelming and confusing.  One thing that I’ve seen come up on the boards on both .com  from US sellers and on .ca from Canadians are the problem with putting items on sale. There was a post today from a seller here who lists on.com and is unable to put their listings on sale because markdown manager only  show items listed on.ca.  As their store was started on.ca, mm automatically directs them to .ca.  Here is the thread.....

Ive directed them to this thread for an answer so I would appreciate if you could help them.   I’ve suggested that they have to use sellers hub in order to put .com items on sale but that’s a guess on my part as I’m still using selling manager on both sites.  

Another question....

I had resisted using sellers hub on.com as it wasn’t available on both sites and it didn’t make sense to me to be using separate tools on each site ca especially as I have listings on both sites.  At this point I’ve lost track of what is available on which sitte.  Is sellers hub now available on both sites and do they work together?  By that I mean can I work with listings on both sites on either .com and .ca? Or is sellers hub on each site always specific for listings originating on that particular site?

I have been told previously that seller hub is specific to site and ID.

If you have 2 ID's and list on .ca and .com, you would have to use 4 separate seller hubs.

If Canada does not have seller hub, which it does not, you would have to use seller hub on .com and selling manager or selling manager pro on .ca.

Hence why I use a 3rd party listing service.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Tyler,

When we look at our seller account on .ca or .com

it shows our account balance as ........................................

New Activity applied to the latest invoice noted above:
−US $93.99
−US $93.99
Amount due as of 15-Nov-17:US $0.00
New activity not yet invoiced:US $54.18
Current Balance:US $54.18
(Includes Canada GST/HST or QST where applicable. Learn more.)

When we go to Seller Hub we get a different balance...........

Account summary Global

• Latest invoice amount (Oct 31)$93.99
  • Credit, payments and refunds applied to latest invoice-$93.99
  • Amount due as of Nov 15 $0.00
  • New activity not yet invoiced$59.32
  • Current balance                    $59.32

Why the difference?

Our records show that correct balance is $54.18.

This does not include the 10% discount because that is calculated only at the end of the month

when we get our final invoice for the month.

What is being added (additional $5.14) on Seller Hub?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Tyler, yesterday a buyer in Canada purchased 5 items from me and requested an invoice to combine and ship all items together. I responded and sent an invoice with a cost for combined expedited shipping. I then realised that it would be much cheaper to send as lettermail in 3 envelopes (paper items) and then sent a further revised invoice. In order to do this, I found that I had to uncombine the original purchase in ebay, then resend the invoice with the new shipping cost. I received a copy of the re-sent invoice and it looked correct.

However, when my customer paid, she had to pay in 2 amounts and now the purchases show under my sold items as 2 purchases, one with 1 item and one with 4 items and the shipping has reverted back to the original amount, not the revised amount that I sent to her. I have, of course, refunded the difference to her.

I really need to know if I have done something incorrectly or if there is another way to re send invoices in case I ever need to do so again.

Howdy @msmaggie060 - that's an interesting one, to be sure. I'm wondering if maybe she went to pay on the older invoice? Based on what I could find, it sounds like you sent the invoice exactly as we'd suggest.

Sending a revised, combined invoice shouldn't be so hard though! But I've gone through the steps on revising an invoice and can't find anything specific for a simpler way.

Since the revised amount was showing on your sales record before payment was made it may be worth checking with the buyer in this situation to see which they paid. Keep me posted on what they say back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

About the possible changes to the Community Boards, I'd just like to make one point clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

Heard, and appreciated (and I nearly spit my orange juice across my screen). 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good evening, Tyler.

Regarding the Relisted-Items-Showing-As-Not-Relisted in Unsold that I wrote about last week, will you let me know please when it's safe for me to delete those items because whatever team is finished examining them? The number affected has grown to 159+ now within less than a month and I'd like to clear them out as soon as it is feasible to do so.

Were you ever able to determine what happened to the Guides we wrote? It looks to me like Guides are gone for good in favour of the new Questions and Answers section and, to be honest, I'm not going to break my back answering product queries on items for which I am knowledgeable if those too will be wiped clean in a year from now. 

Also, thank you for your efforts to address the delivery estimates associated with Calculated Shipping within Canada. I see the number of days displayed for remote and rural locations is now significantly closer to accurate than they were before and that entering a postal code affects the estimate provided as it should. At least for Calculated Shipping. My experiments with flat-rate domestic lettermail did not yield the same results but I will take what I can get.

As to the PM I mention I am planning to send to you last week, I know you are busy so I'm certain you didn't note its absence, but I'm still in the process of crafting what I need to say in the appropriate words to convey my concerns. Stay tuned. Also, sales have been brisk so I've been quite busy and that's always a fine thing to report.

Thanks again,

Maureen  

Always a pleasure to hear from you, even if I have to wait a week or two - take your time!

As to the listings, the team hasn't gotten back to me. But realistically they won't need as many as 159+. If you will leave just 5-10 that should be more than enough for them to take a look at what's going on.

With Guides, I haven't gotten a response, and I'm beginning to think that the silence is our answer. I'll send another message to see if we get any confirmation back one way or the other.

Happy to do what I could to help with delivery estimates - though most of it was @a.depour from what I've seen. He's been a bit of a wizard in the background over the last few months. Also kudos to @simeovivia0 for getting some great examples together and submitted in addition to the ones you got me.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi I have noticed in the CD category that only item specifics and product details are showing for a lot of the CD's.  The detailed item info is missing.  Is this something new?  What happened to the listing of songs that was on the detailed item section?

no detailed item.jpg

Hi @musicyouneed - No change to the 'detailed item' section that I'm aware of. This sounds like a catalog issue, especially if you're seeing those details on certain CDs but not others. You can send an email to sdsupport@ebay.com to let them know about the missing information you're seeing...or rather not seeing. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Another question....

Hi @pjcdn2005 - welcome back, and I hope things are going well in general for you (medical issues are never fun).

When it comes to the markdown issue you mention, I know there's been some confusion and trouble with it. We made an announcement board post about it today (http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/11/15/8077/) which may be a good resource for you or anyone needing some help (the URL to the dashboard is particularly helpful).

As to the thread you linked I'm having a hard time getting that to work - feel free to refer them to post here or message me privately.

As to Seller Hub, it is not currently available for Canada. Also, @dutchman48 gave correct information in that it's individual to each user id. In the past it has also been specific to each site - but I am going to double check that as it looks like it's changed. Updates to come!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@gwrocen wrote:

Tyler,

When we look at our seller account on .ca or .com

it shows our account balance as ........................................

New Activity applied to the latest invoice noted above:
−US $93.99
−US $93.99
Amount due as of 15-Nov-17: US $0.00
New activity not yet invoiced: US $54.18
Current Balance: US $54.18
(Includes Canada GST/HST or QST where applicable. Learn more.)

When we go to Seller Hub we get a different balance...........

Account summary Global

• Latest invoice amount (Oct 31)$93.99
  • Credit, payments and refunds applied to latest invoice-$93.99
  • Amount due as of Nov 15 $0.00
  • New activity not yet invoiced$59.32
  • Current balance                    $59.32

Why the difference?

Our records show that correct balance is $54.18.

This does not include the 10% discount because that is calculated only at the end of the month

when we get our final invoice for the month.

What is being added (additional $5.14) on Seller Hub?

Thanks.

Howdy @gwrocen - good question! I'm not sure what that would be on the Seller Hub. I'll get it reported. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining today - see you next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 16
latest reply