November 22nd 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Chat is open for you, looking forward to meeting tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@noman55 posted this question. Perhaps you can look into it?

I just found out that my add was copied on justonlines.top. It features all my information as a seller and is offered at a much lower price. http://www.justonlines.top/painting-by-canadian-artist-georges-couture-19182010-p-18813.html.

The site has no contact us adress and was created in 2017.  How can I report such piracy?

My reputation is at risk and maybe other ebay seller's

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Information fix department:

When the seller dashboard got adjusted to display the correct 10% rather than the old 20% discount the programmers forgot to change one area -- the summary section under My Account.

The Seller Dashboard Summary still shows the Top-rated discount as 20% rather than 10%

-..-

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hello,

Re our question from last week........................................

Any information on the discrepancy between account totals for eBay fees on .com and .ca versus Seller Hub?

Today our totals are US$111.81 on .ca/.com and US$122.46 on Seller Hub  - a difference of US$10.65.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Information fix department:

When the seller dashboard got adjusted to display the correct 10% rather than the old 20% discount the programmers forgot to change one area -- the summary section under My Account.

The Seller Dashboard Summary still shows the Top-rated discount as 20% rather than 10%

-..-

Hi @ypdc_dennis,

I'm investigating this and will work to have it resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@noman55 posted this question. Perhaps you can look into it?

I just found out that my add was copied on justonlines.top. It features all my information as a seller and is offered at a much lower price. http://www.justonlines.top/painting-by-canadian-artist-georges-couture-19182010-p-18813.html.

The site has no contact us adress and was created in 2017.  How can I report such piracy?

My reputation is at risk and maybe other ebay seller's

Thanks for this! @noman55 - this is a tricky situation. There's not a lot that we can do specifically in this situation, as this website is not owned or operated by us.

I did some digging though, and am wondering if you could report this as an intellectual property issue with CIPO.

I know that's a bit of a stretch, but it's definitely something worth taking a look at. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@gwrocen wrote:

Hello,

Re our question from last week........................................

Any information on the discrepancy between account totals for eBay fees on .com and .ca versus Seller Hub?

Today our totals are US$111.81 on .ca/.com and US$122.46 on Seller Hub  - a difference of US$10.65.

Thanks.

Thanks for staying on top of this @gwrocen - I'm still waiting for a response from tech at this point. I appreciate your patience!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The concern for eBay is that the scam site is stealing listings from eBay and undercutting prices.

Given that it seems to be done by a robot programme, eBay's name is likely to be mentioned in some of the fake listings.

Nice to see that the @name function is now working on dotCA. That was one useful function of the new Boards on dotCOM.

(Still don't want no stinkin' badges, though.)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the chat today - see you next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply