October 25th 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Thanks for being patient through the last week, opening the chat up for this week's session.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Any word on successful or failed printing of USPS Return Shipping Labels through Shippo?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

At one time on the ebay summary I was able to sort by views.  Now I can't.  I can sort by watchers, price, shipping cost but not views any longer.  It was useful for me as I would look at items with less views and consider revising price, title etc.  

Can you find out if they can bring back that sort.

Thanks

views sort.jpg

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Another Shippo question. When are they going to educate the Canada Postal workers about them? I have repeatedly brought it up with the lady at the Post Office who is knowlegeable about most things.  Also talked to her manager & they are totally clueless about Shippo. Because of that I have not & will not use Shippo. Also are they going to start charging for each label seperately? Thanks 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is exactly what I am talking about it a few months ago that Canada IS responsibility to educate every employees. Period.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

It's not different than using the USPS. I ship from Canada and the US and neither one at any post office has any training for online shipping

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Item description change.  Doesn't make any sense.  It took one song from the track listing and a little bit from further down the page.   I had to list the tracks because the detailed album features lack the tracks. 

This is some of the info contained when you look at the full description :

update for we knew.jpg

This is what it shows:

we knew it was coming.jpg

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Is it Canada Post workers or drug store employees or both???

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Canada Post workers for sure, we've tried more than one just to see if you could get answers, so if they haven't' received any info I doubt that the anyone working in the Canada Post outlets have any

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I have over 3000 items with" active content" and I keep getting emails to get rid of it buy it. It doesn't say how besides one at a time

It took me many hours to get rid of the HTTP problem it says I had. I wish they could make it easier for us and give us better directions on how to fix the problems they want us to fix. 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

In the feedback page, at the bottom, there is a link for "Discussion boards". This is a broken link. Is it possible to advise the right team to correct this?

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

For the 1st time in years I've posted neutral feedback and the 1st thing that pops up is 

Was there an issue?

If so, you can open a request to get that taken care of.

Why is ebay pushing you to ask for a refund. If the buyer wasn't even thinking that way when they posted feedback they sure will afterwards. Just seems unfair for the sellers

The reason I posted this, was because when I purchased 3 items from this seller I asked her to put an invoice in the package because I need it to cross the border, and to hopefully ship them together to save on shipping. The answer was becauses I paid separately (Didn't have the option to pay at once) ebay doesn't make either request possible. As a seller I know neither is true, it just takes a few more minutes of our time, but the fact that it wouldn't give me the option to pay all at the same time, means as a seller we pay extra fees to paypal when the buyer pays for each item separately/ Not a big deal when you sell expensive stuff but I sell lots' of dollar items and Paypal gets half of each sold item. ANy way ebay can fix that?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

The Book Category on eBay is more of a mess now than before.  More and more sellers have added listings  that are contrary to eBay policies.

(1) Picture policy…..  No gallery photo… a photo that says no image available… the store logo… a fake cover.

It is called a fake cover because it  looks like the cover of a book.  It is presented in two colors, with the title of the book in the upper part  and the author in the lower part..  and then along the lower edge the wording indicates this is not the actual cover of the book.  These fake cover might be available as stock photos, a difficult fact to confirm.

(2) Use of the Book Catalogue  It was found that if the information in the book catalogue is used,  the stock photo can be used only if the book is in a Brand New condition. This means that if the Book Catalogue is used,  there is no gallery photo, or a photo that does not show the actual book being sold.

Sellers that do use the stock photo with books in a condition other than Brand New, choose not to use the information in the Book Catalogue.

One also gets the impression that sellers are finding ways to use the Book Catalogue, and the stock photo without regard to the condition of the book being listed.

(3) Duplicate Policy.   Sellers with very high numbers of listings continue to list duplicates,  whether within an ID, or across two ID’s

More…….

New sellers continue to choose and ignore specific eBay policies in the Book Category.  The indication is that if there is no gallery photo, the book has virtually no chance of being bought. I have followed listings or one specific book  and more....

There are many listings with a title, no gallery photo, and no information about the content of the photo as well as a generic description of condition.   In such a listing it is very hard to determine what has been listed.

Information about a book's content is most important with a non-fiction book,  where the content is most indicative of what the author is writing about.

The closure of half.com  appears to have contributed to more sellers listing and not following policy on eBay’s main site... eBay.com.

-----------------------

The best way to categorize  the Book Category is to state it is a mess.  Sellers continue to add listings without a proper photo.  Since few if any of the book in these listings are bought,  there will continue to be a growing number of listings of books on eBay that will most likely never be sold.  And then … the presence of duplicates.

Many books are listed without a gallery photo, with little or no information in the description,  and have been priced very high in the thousands of dollars as high as $40,000 in one listing.   And … if a search is done elsewhere on the internet, these books can be bought for much less than $100…. As low as $20 to $30 in many instances

-------------------------

It was many years ago that eBay introduced the policy  that each listing must have one gallery photo.  Book sellers were unhappy.  eBay became the only site on the internet where a photo is required  with each book being sold…

The sellers of books have followed policy….. until most recently

However,  sellers have adjusted and have found ways to circumvent  policy  and list books  without regard to the content of each listing. 

Buyers are unable to determine what is being sold… and choose not to buy books in listings without a proper photo or description  These are listings that do not follow eBay policies

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

and .....

do look forward to receiving a list  ... a long list of sellers of books  that are not following eBay policy

and then ....consider how this influences buyers of books on eBay ...

Is eBay their place to buy books?.... Buyers have to be very careful.....

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

At one time on the ebay summary I was able to sort by views.  Now I can't.  I can sort by watchers, price, shipping cost but not views any longer.  It was useful for me as I would look at items with less views and consider revising price, title etc.  

Can you find out if they can bring back that sort.

Thanks

views sort.jpg

Howdy @musicyouneed - the sort by views option on the Active Listing page was disabled because there were consistent issues with load times. There are not currently plans to reinstate it on that page. The feature is available in the 'Performance' tab of Seller Hub under 'Traffic' though. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Any word on successful or failed printing of USPS Return Shipping Labels through Shippo?

I haven't heard anything on this: I'll loop in @a.depour and see if we have any more info.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

Another Shippo question. When are they going to educate the Canada Postal workers about them? I have repeatedly brought it up with the lady at the Post Office who is knowlegeable about most things.  Also talked to her manager & they are totally clueless about Shippo. Because of that I have not & will not use Shippo. Also are they going to start charging for each label seperately? Thanks 

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - education is always important! While Canada Post is aware of Shippo and works closely with them, there may be outlets or personnel who aren't quite up to date. Shippo recommends reaching out to their support team: ebay-ca-support@goshippo.com, with the locations that you're working with that are unfamiliar with Shippo and the team will have Canada Post catch them up to speed.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

Oops! Forgot the last bit of your question: I haven't heard any plans to change their current process, but there is a workaround.

From the Ask Shippo thread back in September:

Shippo works on a threshold-based invoicing process.

• For your first invoice, you will be billed after $25 in labels or after 7 days - whichever come first
    • After your first invoice, we will bill you after $100 in label purchases or after 7 days - again, whichever comes first.

You can email into ebay-ca-support@goshippo.com to ask for your billing threshold to be lowered to zero so that you will get an invoice every time you create a label.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Item description change.  Doesn't make any sense.  It took one song from the track listing and a little bit from further down the page.   I had to list the tracks because the detailed album features lack the tracks. 

This is some of the info contained when you look at the full description :

update for we knew.jpg

This is what it shows:

we knew it was coming.jpg

Hi @musicyouneed - The 'See full item description' should only be showing if there is a link considered unsecured or in 'HTTP' format. Otherwise the full description should be displayed. More info here: http://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/selling/browser-security.html.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

In the feedback page, at the bottom, there is a link for "Discussion boards". This is a broken link. Is it possible to advise the right team to correct this?

Hi @lady.stark - this is something that we've brought to the right team's attention in the past, and are still waiting for them to implement a fix.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 22
latest reply