October 4 2017 Weekly Session - A bit different

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi All -

I'm back and doing well, thank you for all the well-wishes!

Due to scheduling changes, I have meetings over the next two days and will be unable to do our weekly chat tomorrow (the 4th).

I'm leaving the chat open and will return on Friday to address your questions and concerns.

I will also be going through and replying to PMs sent to me in my absence on Friday as well.

Thanks again for your time, and I'll chat with you soon!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Glad to see you back early, and glad to hear you're doing well.

I don't have any questions or concerns at this time, though I know a lot of others will. Brace yourself. Winter is coming...

(How bad is it that I don't even watch Game of Thrones and I know that reference?)

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Much has happened over the past month.

Active content has been addressed months ago

More recent....

(1) Contact information and links in listings

(2) Secure listings.....  use of https.... converting http to https

(3) Product identifiers

(4) Picture policy... specifically watermarks... and then eBay's use of a seller's photos.

We must recognize that this is a chat session in relation to eBay. and not a discussion..... 

Much has already been discussed elsewhere

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Happy you’re back. I have a question about the Shipping Supplies Coupon.  Ebay doesn’t give us a place to buy shipping supplies with more options like smaller boxes or bubble envelopes so I have never used it before, but I decided to buy a few items and try to use them, so I tried it today and as you can see below I got 2 different pages but neither of them gave me the option to add a 2nd item.

So I bought them both without paying and still there was no way to put them together. One seemed to think I was in the US and the other in Canada (I deleted my address in Canada for the picture) Now I Had 2 unpaid items So I paid for the 1st one and went back to pay for the 2nd one and it said “You already applied this code to an order.” Now I have only used up half my coupon and have to pay for the 2nd item that I don’t even want with the other half unused. It says it had to be paid for at the same time but as you can see by the pictures below, there was no way to do that. And I figured if I bought them on the same day it would be ok. Please help and tell me what I can do about this problem

Also, why is the only store we can use for our coupon is a company that has over 200 bad feedbacks and over 400 neutral ones  in one year

ebay 1.PNGebay2.PNG

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi @bunbar - Coupon issues can arise if there are different shipping methods specified between the two items you're trying to apply the coupon to. I don't see that's the case at all, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I got your PM about this too - I'll keep looking into it and reply there. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for your questions! Join us next week. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6