Rodney is going on sabbatical...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi friends.

I wanted to let you know that I'll be out on sabbatical for the remainder of the summer, returning at the end of August. 

It's been over 15 years since I was first lucky enough to somehow land a job here, and almost as long since I made my first post as a "pink". (eBay staff members used to be identified by a pink banner - so some old timers still call us "pinks", even though the banner is now blue). I remember that it was both terrifying and exhilarating to interact directly with eBay's customers in this way. And I quickly learned that there is a lot to be gained from these forums.

Even though we (understandably) get bricks thrown at us from time to time, I have drawn countless insights and learned from you about use cases and product experiences I might never have otherwise encountered. I've also had a chance to speak with or meet with many of the regulars over the years, and even made some new friends along the way. 

Truly, the information I have gained from the community has helped me with my career at eBay, and more importantly, helped us to try to make better decisions toward improving the customer experience for Canadian buyers and sellers. What a privilege it is to work here, and to try to represent the interests of Canadian buyers and sellers. I'm honestly looking forward to getting back to it at the end of the summer. 

You'll be in great hands with Tyler and A.Depour while I'm out. 

I hope everyone has a terrific summer. See you in a few weeks!

Russ Patterson (aka rodney@ebay.com)

COO & Director of Product Management

eBay Canada

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I hope that you have a terrific "brickless" summer too Russ. 🙂

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Have a lovely summer. See you in the fall. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

May all your bricks s be Nerf.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

lloybrau_6
Community Member

Take it easy Russ. This sounds more like a goodbye letter than a sabbatical announcement. 15 years at Ebay. I'm not sure how much vacation you have but I have never heard of a 6 week sabbatical in the middle summer a few weeks prior to one of Ebay's premiere events. I hope this is not health related. related

Message 5 of 5
latest reply