September 6 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone -

Posting the thread for tomorrow's chat here. I will be in early tomorrow to get an update on current tech reports (I've been out the weekend and there's a bit of catching up to do).

I will be going out on a medical leave starting next week, which means weekly chats will be on a hiatus until I return, which will be in time for the chat on the 11th of October. I'll post some reminder chats tomorrow as place holders.

Thanks for your time, and see you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I don't have any questions this week, so I just want to offer my best wishes to you for your medical leave.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

The stuffofchris took the words straight out of my mouth. I also have to ebay 'issues' to bring forward this week so I will leave you with best wishes on your medical leave and a speedy return. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

best of wishes to you as well,, i just wanted to follow up, with the shipping supplies coupons that we receive,, we have asked for some different sizes of bubble mailers and such that we can actually use.. i would love to suggest the standard size of  5x8 inches..in a yellow paper bubble mailer it is very versatile for everyone shipping small items..

and just a follow up.. why are we paying extra high prices for the same mailers that are available to the usa sellers. even with the dollar difference we still pay more money..

and a further follow up..  why are we paying higher than market prices for shipping supplies , that have your logo plastered all over them.. these items should be provided to us at no charge to do your advertising for you..

but seeing that i can buy 3 times the amount of shipping bubble mailers from other ebay sellers, for the same price as the overpriced ebay store.. i would like my coupon to be good for any ebay seller.. 

that shouldn't be a problem as long as my money is going back to ebay sellers.. right ..

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

The stuffofchris took the words straight out of my mouth. I also have to ebay 'issues' to bring forward this week so I will leave you with best wishes on your medical leave and a speedy return. 

Whoops. Typo. I meant 'no' and not 'to'. I'll just leave the room quite now......

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Brutal experience with your partner "shippo" today, where the outlet basicallly accused me of fraud, told me they weren't sending my parcel they had in their posession, and had destroyed the label when I returned to get it.  Apparently at the instruction of Canada Post outlet support, who told them it hadn't been paid for.  After months of "Shippo", still  no one at the outlet includign the manager who knows anything about it (despite them having received my own previous shippo labels), apparently CP outlet support knowing nothing about it, and CP support that I contacted unable to help me, but did add that she gets calls from Postmasters asking about "unpaid labels", and doesn't know what to tell them

It did end up mailed with very modifed label, several calls and 2 trips to the outlet, which hopefully gets it delivered properly.  But I can't use shippo if there is a risk this continues to happen.  Good thing it was only 1 and not the 25 smaller items I had put into a mail box this weekend!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Just wondering who will be hosting the Ask Shippo session while you are away. Will there be someone from the eBay Canada team as well as the Shippo people? And best wishes for a quick recovery for whatever ails you!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The book category on eBay ………………

Total number of listings for books showing on eBay Canada…. 25,743,907……  an approximate number.

Total number as Canada only ….. 279,770

A quick look on those listings  on  Canada Only…. No listings showing with  no photo in a listing

These sellers on Canada use a listings program that does not allow them to list without that one photo…. and it is not immediately obvious whether fake photos are used…  such as no image available… or that image that looks like the cover of a book, but states    ….. This is not the cover of the book… along its lower edge.

---------------------------

Then  for those listings for books from elsewhere….We find listings with no photo, fake photos and more….

These sellers from US and elsewhere… UK and Australia….are using an option to list on eBay that allows them to upload listings that do not contain that one photo.

-----------------------------------------

It is time to  let these sellers know  what eBay’s policy  with respect to the listing of books….. and stop them  from listing without a photo, with fake photos, with misuse of the stock photo and the information in the book catalogue… and then duplicate listings for sellers that list  millions of books….

-----------------------------------

Negative feedback  for the sellers with a high number of listings of books on eBay is not critical when a percentage is calculated  … However, negative feedback is an interesting read, and is a reflection of poor customer service…  of how these sellers list their books…..poor quality books being mailed to buyers. 

And … then the recommendation by many buyers that do leave feedback… Do not buy from this seller.

There are also buyers  that buy… several books  at different times….. until  they  end up with a problem… and promise to never buy again… in negative or neutral feedback.

------------------------------------------------------------

The book category on eBay needs a major adjustment.

eBay’s  Half.com  is gone, and the sellers that used half.com to list books might add to the problems on eBay.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I agree, I sell only small items and the 5x8 inch bubble wrappers and 4 x 4" boxes are almost the one ones I use but neither are available. I am also lucky enough to have access to getting mail on both sides of the border but am not allowed to use it for the US option

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

best of wishes to you as well,, i just wanted to follow up, with the shipping supplies coupons that we receive,, we have asked for some different sizes of bubble mailers and such that we can actually use.. i would love to suggest the standard size of  5x8 inches..in a yellow paper bubble mailer it is very versatile for everyone shipping small items..

and just a follow up.. why are we paying extra high prices for the same mailers that are available to the usa sellers. even with the dollar difference we still pay more money..

and a further follow up..  why are we paying higher than market prices for shipping supplies , that have your logo plastered all over them.. these items should be provided to us at no charge to do your advertising for you..

but seeing that i can buy 3 times the amount of shipping bubble mailers from other ebay sellers, for the same price as the overpriced ebay store.. i would like my coupon to be good for any ebay seller.. 

that shouldn't be a problem as long as my money is going back to ebay sellers.. right ..

Hi @esclyons - thanks for the well wishes, and for the feedback on the shipping supplies coupon and supplies themselves.

The eBay brand and reputation is built and maintained by you as a member - providing you a coupon for branded shipping supplies is a way to further strengthen that brand identity with our customers. While the shipping supply store is run by an independent seller, I can see your desire to have the coupon itself made available for any eBay seller.

I will get that suggestion, as well as the feedback regarding the items' pricing, passed up to the proper teams to review.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@tobyshitzu wrote:

Brutal experience with your partner "shippo" today, where the outlet basicallly accused me of fraud, told me they weren't sending my parcel they had in their posession, and had destroyed the label when I returned to get it.  Apparently at the instruction of Canada Post outlet support, who told them it hadn't been paid for.  After months of "Shippo", still  no one at the outlet includign the manager who knows anything about it (despite them having received my own previous shippo labels), apparently CP outlet support knowing nothing about it, and CP support that I contacted unable to help me, but did add that she gets calls from Postmasters asking about "unpaid labels", and doesn't know what to tell them

It did end up mailed with very modifed label, several calls and 2 trips to the outlet, which hopefully gets it delivered properly.  But I can't use shippo if there is a risk this continues to happen.  Good thing it was only 1 and not the 25 smaller items I had put into a mail box this weekend!

Thanks for sharing this @tobyshitzu - this shouldn't be the experience at all, and I can see why you'd be loathe to use Shippo if this was your consistent experience. I will share this with the Shippo team to see if they have more input or influence in getting all CPC employees uptrained in the Shippo labels. For the time being you could drop in a mailbox instead, or try a different post office. This is a great thing to bring up in the 'Ask Shippo' chat next week too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I always drop everything possible into the mailbox, after having been traumatized for life over dealings with postal outlet staff in the past.  This one was 140cm long, so had to go to an outlet.  Whole sitaution now being investigated by CP VP of parcels

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Just wondering who will be hosting the Ask Shippo session while you are away. Will there be someone from the eBay Canada team as well as the Shippo people? And best wishes for a quick recovery for whatever ails you!

Howdy @msmaggie060 - @a.depour will be unlocking the thread on the 12th, and the Shippo team themselves will be responding on the 13th and 14th with their own id: @shippo-help.

Ideally the questions will stay on topic and Shippo will be able to respond to all, but if there are any eBay questions or aspects to the questions we'll make sure that they get addressed as well. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@tobyshitzu wrote:

I always drop everything possible into the mailbox, after having been traumatized for life over dealings with postal outlet staff in the past.  This one was 140cm long, so had to go to an outlet.  Whole sitaution now being investigated by CP VP of parcels

I'm glad it's being looked into, it sounds like it definitely needs to be.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining us this week, and for the well-wishes!

Ask Shippo chat is next week, make sure to head there if you have any outstanding questions they can answer!

See you soon - have a good one. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply