Weekly Chats on hiatus August 22nd, returning September 19th (and some good news too)

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone -

I will be going on sabbatical for 4 weeks starting the week of the 20th. This means there will be no weekly chat until I return.

The good news is that I'll be returning to a full time position supporting the Canadian Community Forums. This means much more time to spend helping out on threads, chasing leads, and finally getting that elusive status chart for issues you report built and ready to go.

I'd also like to work to make the Community a place that more people can feel comfortable visiting and utilizing as a resource.

To that end, I want your thoughts on what would be helpful - from veteran Community users like yourselves, to someone just getting started on the forums.

Some thoughts I've had:

An 'Answer Station' of sorts that has quick how-tos or laid out instructions on how to do something. Do you think this would be useful? What kinds of things would be the most helpful to direct newer users to instead of trying to explain?

Considering a cleaning up and restructuring of the boards that exist. I know zombie threads haunt us all, and while we've put most of those back down I know there are some boards that are just ghost towns nowadays. Are there boards that we should just get permanently 'put out to pasture'?

Feel free to leave your thoughts here, or shoot me a PM too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Weekly Chats on hiatus August 22nd, returning September 19th (and some good news too)

A shipping answer section would be helpful as new users seem to gave the mist problems with that. It could include a ‘how to’ section as well as a ‘troubleshooting section.

When reading the boards I often want to double check a previous post from a specific poster.  On the US boards I can click on their name...view profile, scroll down to look at their last 5 or 6 posts and click on ‘view all’ to see their other posts.  On .ca the ‘view all’ option is missing so it is more difficult to look for posts that weren’t the most recent 5 posts.

Also, clicking on a users profile on .com shows me a ‘send message’ link. On .ca, there isn’t that link so as far as I can figure out, to send a message I have to go the messages and then type in the user name which is a pain. There are a couple of other useful features on the users profile page on .com that are missing here.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for letting us know. I have some thoughts about pain points on the ebay Canada Discussion Boards but I would like to mull them a bit longer. It's also very nice to hear we will see more of you, I hope Happy Pidgeon isn't being sent south? We certainly enjoy her input here too. 

I'll be back with deeper thoughts soon.

Happy Sabbatical!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It would be great to have direct Canadian answer centre.

Long overdue!

Enjoy your sabbatical

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Closing this thread up while I'm out. I'll see you in a month!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply