Bidding

Are snipe bids allowed on Ebay?Can you use a snipe bidding program to bid for you.I am just wondering because I watched an auction where a winning bid was placed 1 second before the end of the auction.I know this because I check the bidding results.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Bidding

Yes snipe bidding is allowed.

I prefer to do a manual snipe myself.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Bidding

Snipe bidding is what made eBay fun in the beginning. Both buyers and sellers wearing out that refresh button in the last minute, watching their totals jump.

Now with mostly buy it now sales, this has took alot of the fun out of it. I miss the old days where you had a guy with dial up bidding 50, 40, 30, 20 seconds left, then me with highspeed swoop in and get it.

I miss those days...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Bidding

mrsbeeb
Community Member

may also want to consider posting your question to the Buyer Central community.

http://community.ebay.ca/forum/Buyer-Central/3003?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Bidding

Its always the highest price that wins the bid, regardless of how its placed.  When I see something I want, I put a snipe on it with the highest price I am willing to pay.  I don't sit around waiting to see what others will bid, I know how much the item is worth to me.  If I loose, I don't agonize over it because I was not willing to pay as much as the winner. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Bidding

if you put more than the bid with your maximum bid

it automatically sends,the next high bid..

by the guy with an extra $ number $   in  max bid on auction only so if its sitting at say $10.50  i have $20.00 max and if you bid $10.60 my $10.70 is auto so it don`t matter if you keep  putting in a bid to the last second as the guy with a max will be the last bid  i have lost because of this in the past  you can see i buy a lot of cards as my  status number is for buying only, as i have tried to sell but have not sold anything  lol   i have put more money on a item and lost i put a  $100,00 max ..for a Kobe Bryant topps finest card it went too  $350.00 and i thought i had it for sure  so there you go   merry Christmas  ehh       take care 🙂

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Bidding

too bas eh ass

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Bidding

Gifts of Elegance - I TOTALLY agree......that's what I've always done.  I guess it can be like complusive gambling.....you get high on adrenalin and just have to beat those other people....at any cost 😉

Message 8 of 8
latest reply