Problem with seller

baggyssit
Community Member

I recently made a purchase from a seller in Toronto.

The seller had an option to pay by money order, it was cashed and item has been received.

The listing did not disclose damage to the item that the seller was aware of before shipping.

I have tried through email communication to resolve the issue but now the seller seems to be disinterested.

The listing # is 290550803809

I have suggested a method to seller to correct the situation to no avail.

Is there something I can do if anything to satisfactorily conclude this transaction before I leave negative feedback?

And a galaxy near you
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Problem with seller

terri*the*terrible
Community Member

Usualy

The seller is obligated to send you a replacement item or refund you.

Click on this link and read the page then click on the link that says "Resolution Centre" and open an "Item Not as Described Dispute" http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/protection-programs.html

However as you paid by "Money Order" eBay has no way of forcing a refund.

Sellers are not allowed to offer to accept "Cash" "Money Order" or "Cheques" except for local pickup.

This seller probably gets away with listing those option because they do offer local pickup.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

Thanks for the reply terri.

I'll see what happens.

And a galaxy near you
Message 3 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

Here's what happened after I used the resolution option.

The seller called and asked me to cancel his buy it now listing since it was showing that I purchased this item and awaiting payment. He said by doing that, paypal would refund the shipping cost to him???

At this point, he said he would credit my paypal account for the amount of shipping cost and I could use that money to purchase a part from another seller to fix the broken item I bought.This after me asking him to purchase the part from the other seller and shipping it to me. He refused.

Is this guy on the level? I feel like I'm getting stung twice.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

And a galaxy near you
Message 4 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

More info;

I cancelled the listing like he asked. The shipping cost was $40.00 and he hasn't credited my paypal account yet.

The part from the other seller is Buy it now/Best offer $60.00 with two offers on the part being refused.

Even if I really do get a $40.00 credit from the original seller, I'll still have to dish out another $20.00 + shipping to get this part to fix what I bought.

And a galaxy near you
Message 5 of 39
latest reply

"He said by doing that, paypal would refund the shipping cost to him???"

That is BULL.

Do not waste your time with that seller. File a claim with PayPal and escalate immediately.

It would have been preferable NOT to cancel the transaction until you had received a full refund.

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

Thanks Pierre, that's what I thought, just wanted input from another member to confirm that the seller is yanking my chain.

And a galaxy near you
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

Yeah, he had to cancel the transaction so he could get his fees back, nothing more.

He strung you along.

You can't open a PayPal dispute because you didn't pay with PayPal. You paid with a money order so you have no recourse and by the looks of it, the seller knows this. He likely won't help you.

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

" paid with a money order"

I missed that! 😞

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

Since this is the first time I have a problem with a seller, I admit I was dumb to do what the seller asked. Looks like I ended up cancelling the dispute and don't have the option to escalate it?

And a galaxy near you
Message 10 of 39
latest reply

Nope, you can't escalate or open another dispute or anything. He tricked you. He probably won't reply to you any longer either. Sorry.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

Well, he may respond to you to get you to change the neg you left him. If he does don't believe him. Do you even have a PayPal account?

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

At least I was able to leave negative feedback.

Watch out for Allstarsolutions,Toronto.

Thanks everybody, I learned from the experience and goes to show not to pay outside of ebay.

And a galaxy near you
Message 13 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

Ya I have a paypal account,

In this case I didn't have enough funds in it to make purchase in time so paid with money order.

And a galaxy near you
Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Aw, yeah, I'm sorry. There used to be a time paying with a money order was almost normal... but that was several years ago. 😞

Message 15 of 39
latest reply

After reading this thread, I looked up the listing number and the feedback given to this seller. He has a history of negative and neutral feedbacks over the years and these feedback comments do not inspire confidence to me in this seller. Granted he has many good feedbacks also.

However, I would think that I would be leery of this seller since the bad feedback seems to indicate that the seller has issues with customer service and treats these problem buyers poorly. 

Did you research the seller feedback before purchasing the unit? Not to criticize you but there are hints of potential issues with this seller. Something to learn from this bad experience for you, me and all readers of this topic.

How do other forums readers view this seller's feedback? The original listing was 290550803809. Based on what I read, I would have been very cautious. But then again, I am paranoid after years of reading these forums! 🙂

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

I had a look. There was nothing there that made me wary. No matter what the feedback of the seller though, I'd never use a money order anymore 😕

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

I did check the sellers latest feedback and all seemed good to me.

Update; I can't beleive the nerve this guy's got.

He reported in the resolution case that I returned the purchase and issue resolved. Outright lie.

I received an email from him crying about the neg I left and wondering why.

This seller has done nothing to resolve the issue when he had ample opportunity to make it right.

If he comes good which I seriously doubt, is it possible to reverse a neg feedback?

And a galaxy near you
Message 18 of 39
latest reply

" is it possible to reverse a neg feedback?

Yes, but DO NOT REMOVE the neg until the problem has been totally cleared to your fullest satisfaction.

Promises are meaningless for that seller as you already know.

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

I know exactly what your saying Pierre,

I have a feeling he's going to offer a refund but there's no way I'm going to trust him to return what I bought. Especially when it was paid by money order.

And a galaxy near you
Message 20 of 39
latest reply