Quotes not working again, no preview and..

These boards are frustrating. I can't seem to quote anyone today and preview isn't working. Plus normally if I start to write a post but then cancel it, I am taken back to that topic. It isn't doing that today either.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

terri*the*terrible
Community Member

yup

They found something that was working so they broke it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I had these same things happen on and off over the past two days. 

I also had an unexpected change.  There has always been an issue with copy and paste from another document with loss of paragraph formatting and HTML showing.  So I normally copy into window notepad to strip the HTML and then paste into a post editor and then put all the paragraph breaks back in.  Yesterday and maybe once before, it all pasted with the paragraph formatting intact.

Another bug seems to be adding a blank line to get spacing correct between paragraphs.  This has been flaky, sometime it double or triple spaces between paragraphs.

I have emailed Kalvin directly on these issues and he says that LiveWorld (forum software) may be making updates when these issues occur in the past days.

So we are live test subjects in an experiment!

Hopefully they get the bugs worked out.  I really do not understand how they can offer such poor service and maintenance on this software.  It is a relatively simple software.

Other sites with forum software rarely have any issues like eBay is having. Not impressed at all with eBay or with their LiveWorld software provider of these forums.

PS I tried to preview and cannot do it.  I also put single spacing in between my paragraphs above.  I wonder how it works today!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Well, paragraph spacing worked okay. I have to remember not to double space between paragraphs any more.

The topic status icons seem to be working for the last couple of days.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply