Visiting, from the Land Downunder

Hello everyone,

Just dropping by for a quick sneak peek to see what we are in for in the coming few weeks.

I do have one question and that is :-

How are you finding the moderation of the board?

The board in Australia has deteriorated in the last 2 years or so to be a battle ground with malicious reporters under every rock 😞

I am hoping that the case  is different with the new board so that decent information flow can occur and decent debate on issues

The fun died out on the aussie boards a long time ago with posters trying to navigate through the eggshells with vipers under them and land mines.

Please tell me that the new boards have addressed that issue 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

est-ce que n'importe qui parle anglais ici satisfont ?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

The Canadian board does quite well with the many topics presented over the years.

The new design for these boards will time to adjust... to find everything.

If there is any difficulty, that disappears quite quickly.

The number of people posting is not too high that anyone can exist incognito.

The US boards can be difficult at times.... However, things got cleaned up, particularly on Seller Central on eBay US.... when sellers could no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer

You got hit with a French reply if only to emphasize that Canada is uniquely biiingual... not something overly critical  on this board.

eBay Canada does have a French site.... Click the Canadian flag at the upper line on this page to visit the French part of eBay Canada.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

The design is changing because the host site is changing, from LiveWorld to a company called Lithium. So there will be a new collection of moderators behind the scenes, as well as a new look on our screens. I love your analogy with eggshells and vipers; some of the US boards have gotten to that point, and the need for clear policies and civility (imposed by moderators if necessary) was addressed at the users' meeting last week.

The new design is being tested first on the English Canada board but will eventually be applied to all 14 boards in 12 countries, including the French Canadian site.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for the replies 🙂

I was beginning to think that Canada had gone on holidays, silly me, I did not account for the time difference.

I look forward to sampling the new format when it finally migrates to the southern hemisphere.

In the meantime I will take in the Canadian landscape  and keep a look out for bears.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Hi nobody's perfect - is that the real name "Lithium" or was that a typo?  - just curious!  I know many people DO need it...but don't think we all do!!Smiley Wink - I don't like this new "wink" - that's my only beef with ebay today!
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

That's the actual company name. I'm as baffled as you are, and can only think of problematic associations: Batteries with shipping restrictions; that scary reactive element from chemistry class; or medication.

They do have lots of major Fortune 500 clients, and the various clients' boards show a huge variety of different format options.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Not a great deal of activity here is there?

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

yeah this "next generation community" or whatever they call it isn't even a board I was familiar with

Smiley Happy

But board usage has been dropping sharply in general since the last changes 2 or 3 years ago. Maybe it will pick up now - seems a little better.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@poddster wrote:

Not a great deal of activity here is there?

G'day poddster what do you think of the emoticons? Smiley Very Happy

pretty  hey?

smallest icy
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Robot Happy Hi Icy, there is only one word to describe them    "BLERK"

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Being able to place "siggies"  on "ignore" is an absolute positive, as is the availability of HTML.

However, whilst being able to "edit" at a later date is admirable, I have found over the years  of posting on the Australian Boards, some contributors are not concerned with accuracy (truth?)  and might possibly be tempted to correct their "mistakes" when the are pointed out.

Still adapting/assessing the new format, however "Pink" will have to change to "Bluepink.jpgBlue.jpg

nɥºɾ

nɥºɾ
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

monman12 wrote:...

However, whilst being able to "edit" at a later date is admirable, I have found over the years  of posting on the Australian Boards, some contributors are not concerned with accuracy (truth?)  and might possibly be tempted to correct their "mistakes" when the are pointed out....

The Edit function is only available for 5 minutes after the post goes up. And an edited post shows the latest edit time as well as the original posting time. So it's mostly useful for occasions when the poster notices that they left out a word or a link, or has an afterthought.  

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

does it really?

hmmmm really, does it?

did it?

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

But it doesn't show the pic of that giant **bleep**-erel which I edited out, does it?
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

ohhh, there's a "bleep bleep - erel" . wusses!

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Cockerel . . . there, I said it. so narp me.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Interesting ~~ will wait to see what we get, and more importantly, WHEN we get it, downunder

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

That is the big question Putney..........When will we get it in OZ??

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

test

Message 20 of 20
latest reply