CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

Here in Canada we have the lottery, all lottery exclude Quebec because of their ridiculous laws about when ever someone wins, the same amount must be given to the Quebec government...talk about greed and lazy employees ( they were voted into office to work for the people not for themselves) ...so......just a suggestion E-Bay...do like the lotteries....EXCLUDE QUEBEC FROM THE E-BAY BUCKS....and return the E-Bay bucks back to the rest of us.  You have people here in Canada that spend thousands ($1,000's) of dollars a month buying from your place, why should we get punished because Quebec decided to act like little children wanting their share of the candy bag.  I am sure I am not the only one here in Canada that believe we should be treated the same as all the Americans are....we should not be treated any less than them.  Our money is good enough for you to take, then we should be good enough to receive your bonus like the Americans do.

Please give this post some serious thought for our sake, please. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

Wow !! Are you ever wrong about lotteries in Quebec. They have a lotto corporation just like every other province in Canada. Check out the link.

http://diffusion.loto-quebec.com/sw3/res/asp/index.asp?pRequest=2&cProduit=4&l=1

Don't let prejudice cloud your ability to think and research before you post something like this.

I , and others may not like the policies of the Quebec gov't. , but any of the people I have met or dealt with from there are extremely nice, and easy to get along with. Most Quebecers do not agree with the racist policies of the gov't. and some special interests in Quebec.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

I live right on the border of quebec and this is quebec in a nut shell.

The women are always dressed to perfection

The men are crazy as in like I might jump off a cliff the the quebec guy will do a quad back flip with a twist ..

The goverment hands out money like it's going out of style .. All you need is 2 or 3 kids and you will not have to work for 18 years and you will be pretty well off ...

All around there is alot that doesn't make sense there just like here but the people are fun and awesome and wow for the women there ...

The only thing I hate is that they want to be on there own and be there own country then why does Ontario give so many jobs to them and why in northern ontario is french an asset .. example a friend i grew up with got herself a 100k a year job with highschool and thats it all because she could speak french..

the other thing is there are going a little crazy about the language ..there way of life is not in the language so why are they so nuts about it ..

example: An italian restaurant was told that there menus had to be in french ... HELLO the owners are Italian not french ...If I remember correctly they withdrew there action to be taken on the restaurant but ya makes no sense..

A guy I work with born and raised in quebec but now 30 years after moving away he can't even get a job in Quebec because he is from Ontario "NO JK "  the guys speaks French and is french but can't wwork in Quebec ..3/4 the 330 workers at my mine are from quebec we even have some of them tranlating programs to help communicate with us ..

Love quebecer's hate there goverment but then again i hate my own goverment too ..

To be Canada is to be a rainbow of colors and languages so maybe they are better off being on there own ..

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

"they want to be on there own and be there own country"

???

That represents the view of a minority.  Let's not generalize to include all people from Quebec.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

Good call Pierre although the minority seems to be the only ones being heard  for the last what decade or more... You would think if it was a minority the majority would of been more vocal about it ..

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

"the minority seems to be the only ones being heard "

It is a bit like eBay. 

You do not hear a word about the millions of transactions that go smoothly.  However, when something goes wrong (buyer or seller) we get an earful! 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

xen999
Community Member

BTW, I was just as annoyed as anyone else with eBay taking down the eBay Bucks program. It was a nice reward to get once in a while and a fairly interesting insentive to purchase through here rather than elsewhere.. However, I doubt Quebec laws were the reason for the  discontinuation of the program. I seem to recall them saying in a nutshell that they simply weren't making enough profits in Canada globally to justify maintaining it.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

Is 49.42% a minority? (see 1995 referendum)

Latest number I can find is 33% in March 2013. This is not a minority.

I'm not for or against, I'm not even a Quebecker but I live in Quebec and I can understand why some people want a national sovereignty.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

It's considered a minority when the total is under 50%.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

Jean-philippe, you need to look up the definition of minority, because you do not know it.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

That's because the majority of us who live here ignore it and don't really care what they have to say. It's the media that makes it such a big deal to the rest of Canada and the world. In the end, it's not the noise that pays off, it's the votes at the poling booths that do.  And I guess we did our job.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

CANADA E-BAY BUCKS

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply