Canada Post International Parcel Rates Calculator on the Fritz?

Small parcels rates and options headed for international delivery seem to have drastically changed overnight without notice.  A 0-0.25kg parcel was about $10 last week, and is about $45 this week.  A 0.25-0.5kg parcel was about $20 last week, and is near $50 this week!  Most postal employees I spoke with today weren't even aware of a problem or rate increase, at least 2 days after the change!  ...Does anyone know if this is a huge rate increase or if there is a problem?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have not noted the things of which you speak but I did see that when I went to check a delivery estimate for a service I had just used to send something somewhere that same week, the option had vanished like Canada Post no longer offers it, which it does. I'm guessing the site is glitchy. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Like Tracked Packet has vanished, for example. As has Small Packets Airmail. Since the weekend. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@chad_chewy wrote:

Small parcels rates and options headed for international delivery seem to have drastically changed overnight without notice.  A 0-0.25kg parcel was about $10 last week, and is about $45 this week.  A 0.25-0.5kg parcel was about $20 last week, and is near $50 this week!  Most postal employees I spoke with today weren't even aware of a problem or rate increase, at least 2 days after the change!  ...Does anyone know if this is a huge rate increase or if there is a problem?

Small Packet does show in Canada Post's online calculator if you click on "show minimum online savings" but it is hidden for the "over the counter" default rates. This is a change from last week (planned or a bug, I don't know).

So if "over the counter" rates for International Small Packet are being hidden, then most likely the folks at the postal outlets / post office wouldn't be seeing the cheaper option. Ask them if Small Packet is still available as an option.

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Small Packet and Tracked Packet are now both back but only under Business Rates as opposed to Personal.

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 10.06.24 AM.png 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply