Ebay app no longer displays new saved searches results

I used to check my saved searches every day on the mobile app. Whenever a new item matching my saved criteria appeared, a blue dot would show up next to the title.

However for the past few days , I noticed that there are no longer any dots next to any of my searches.

I am still getting email notifications, but they are not displaying on the app.

I recently uninstalled the app and then re-installed it. Before this there were no issues.

Can anybody help me? I love the saved searches feature as it often helps me find great deals.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member

Android or iOS?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I just spent 35 minutes on the phone with an eBay representative because I could not access any of my "saved" personalized lists on ebay.com (thankfully they have not changed ebay.ca yet).  The only list that shows is the watch list.  None of my 40+ other lists are accessible.  In addition, the rep said that items can only stay in the watched list for 60 days (again useless).  Plus, once an item ends, it will be removed from the list.  I mentioned that sellers often "relist" items and that we can use that feature to once again add the item to our own lists. 

The rep indicated that surveys and questionnaires were done and that this new, improved (they've ruined it) look and its features are what eBay customers want.  I told her to add my name to the list of people they contact because I would be more than happy to explain what they have ruined in my opinion and what features should be reinstalled to make following items easier and more personalized.  

The American (eBay.com) site was changed in the last two weeks.  As far as I can tell, they haven't done anything to the Canadian (eBay.ca) site and hopefully they won't.  

This removal of the personalized lists and being able to follow items for more than 60 days is enough to make me stop using eBay entirely.

Linda

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I can see the 60 days and gone.

If it's there because you are shopping, if you haven't purchased in two months, you never will.

If you are a seller, if the item is still there after two months it's pretty stale and unlikely to sell.

I speak as a seller of very slow moving products. I've sold items that have been in my stock for five or six years-- with no watchers.

EBay is a business and one of their costs is bandwidth.

Sold items are dropped after about 60 days.

Sellers Unsold List items also disappear after 60 days.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply