What is the point of reviewing a product, when the name of the actual product, is disallowed by EBay

5543rsm
Community Member

If i cant mention the product, in the Product Review, why should i bother with any further reviews of any other products .on EBay. Can i mention the word "EBay " as i write this ...doubtful . 

To have this self - canceling policy means minimal reviews, and punters turn away from EBay . 

Too weird 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: What is the point of reviewing a product, when the name of the actual product, is disallowed by

What sort of item are you trying to leave a product review for? Is it telling you specifically what word/words it is not allowing?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: What is the point of reviewing a product, when the name of the actual product, is disallowed by

As thestuffofchris says, I think we need more information with which to troubleshoot the real reason you may be getting that error message. It may be a universal error message, too, and not necessarily specific to what it's telling you. 

Can you share exactly what you tried to write? You cannot reveal the seller in doing so. Or talk about how fast it came via shipping. Those aspects are for seller Detailed Seller Ratings. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I wrote that the "Chrome polish" [i wrote the name of the product] remains the best out there, and has no effective competitors. And that i have used it since it 1st appeared on the market in the 1960,s. 

The name of that product resulted in a "Not Allowed" notice. 

Must one refer to merely , "The Product" for the review of it? Bloody daft i feel ,when one,s revue is all about whether the Product is any good , or not. A revue is an advert for that product , full stop . Good or bad.It is an advert advising other punters of the product, specifically. In spite of the rejection of the product name , the revue  still remains an advertisement.

Anyway, if one is unable to state the name of one,s revue subject, then i pass.

@mjwl2006 wrote:

As thestuffofchris says, I think we need more information with which to troubleshoot the real reason you may be getting that error message. It may be a universal error message, too, and not necessarily specific to what it's telling you. 

Can you share exactly what you tried to write? You cannot reveal the seller in doing so. Or talk about how fast it came via shipping. Those aspects are for seller Detailed Seller Ratings. 

@mjwl2006 wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Message 4 of 4
latest reply