Colorful Border Around Listings In Store

When I first opened a store about a month ago I noticed a colorful blue border at the top of my description in all my listings. I never chose it or designed it but it looked really attractive. In the last week I noticed that it has disappeared. Has anyone had that experience?  I would love to design a new look for my store but don't know where to look.  Any suggestions?  Does eBay provide anything to choose from?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

By 'colourful border' do you mean something that looked like this?

If so, I'm afraid I have bad news.

This is a browser page-loading issue that first cropped up in the summer. As part of this glitch, sometimes, when we are looking at our own listings, they load in the page style that ebay retired in late 2013. There is literally no way to make that happen on purpose. It's an anomaly. And a mistake. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 9.34.02 PM.png

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

And then as randomly, other times the page will load as it is supposed to load. All white space. Like this:

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 9.37.24 PM.png

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes that is what it looked like with a nice royal blue color border across the top. I thought that was how it was supposed to look when you have a store. Sorry that they discontinued it. Looked a lot more professional than just the white page.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The graphic in Post #2 above is the old, "classic" store design.  Click on my store icon here and you'll see something very similar (although I chose a completely different colour scheme). 

My guess -- eBay programmers have been busy in the background playing around with stores.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the "classic" store style completely phased out very soon and the new format become mandatory.  I've noticed in several areas that it seems when these sorts of "déjà vu" or old code shadows pop up, the related feature is about to be transformed.  I'd almost be willing to bet the old store phase-out will be in the next Seller Update.  More busy-work for some of us. 

Of course if you already have a store in the new format, you'll have nothing to be concerned about.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You can make your listings stand out a bit by adding some HTML coding.

I put this into my Descriptions,

<!-- Auction ad begins here --><center><table border=2 cellpadding=10><tr><td bgcolor="#ffcccc">

Before I start titles.

It makes the background pink

And then I add this

<font face=Arial,Helvetica><center><b><font face=Textile size=+5 color=red><BR><BR>

Which makes the first line bigger and red.

I have the instructions on how to do this saved somewhere..... darned it I know where though.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply