How to transfer my ebay.ca store to ebay.com because I want to list on ebay motors

Canadian ebay doesn't have ebay motors. I would like to migrate my current store to ebay.com from its current ebay.ca. There is a new multi model product listing which I need to sell my parts. Help?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

How to transfer my ebay.ca store to ebay.com because I want to list on ebay motors

@sportbiketitaniumbolts wrote:

Canadian ebay doesn't have ebay motors. I would like to migrate my current store to ebay.com from its current ebay.ca. There is a new multi model product listing which I need to sell my parts. Help?

Why do you need to move the store?

Just switch to eBay.COM and start making your listings on eBay.COM

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It doesn't matter where your store is, you can list on both .ca and .com.  There are no Canada Post options on .com so you will have to use a flat shipping rate there rather than calculated shipping.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@sportbiketitaniumbolts wrote:

Why do you need to move the store?

Just switch to eBay.COM and start making your listings on eBay.COM

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It doesn't matter where your store is, you can list on both .ca and .com.  There are no Canada Post options on .com so you will have to use a flat shipping rate there rather than calculated shipping.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Your only problem will be shipping.

On dotCOM, you will be listing in USD which most sellers consider a bonus.

But you have to use Flat Rate shipping.

Most of the items you have listed might ship LetterPost/LightPacket if they are under the 2cm/500gm size limit. Do you use bubble mailers? Measure to make sure they will meet the rates.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

On dotCA you will be listing in loonies, but your customers will see your items in Search in their own currency.

On the listing both loonies and their currency will appear.

If you have a shipping rate for the USA, your items will show on dotCOM.

And you are allowed to use Calculated Shipping, which includes dimensions, weight and destination in calculating the rate.

So if you need to use a parcel rate (usually because the item is over 2cm thick) you are best to list on dotCA.

Shipping is always the hardest part of online selling. Take your time about it.

And remember whatever price you give in your listing for shipping, you cannot charge more. Get it right the first time.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Do you use bubble mailers? Measure to make sure they will meet the rates.

Out of all of the great advice that reallynicestamps have provided you, this is one key part I would definitely recommend based on personal experience.

The vast majority of what I have sold has gone in bubble envelopes, and I made sure to measure each and every single one to make sure it would pass through Canada Post's 20mm slot. Even if you're selling the same items using the same bubble envelopes, the tiniest little variance can be the difference between Oversize Lettermail and having to send it as a parcel.

This is also important if you use bubble envelopes from different brands. I have measured an item in a bubble envelope from one brand as 18mm and the same item in a bubble envelope from another brand as 19mm. While both were under 20mm, it shows that had the 1mm difference been 20mm and 21mm, it could have ended up changing what service was used, costing significantly more.

Of course, it also depends on the clerk at the counter at the time, as some are more finicky than others about how easily it slides through the slot.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply