I'm confused again. This time Store Selling Fees.

I have a Basic Store which offers 250 'Free' Listings.

At the moment I have about 60 additional listings, which I think should cost me 20 cents each.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/selling/ebay-stores.html#packages-pricing

But when I went to add a few more listings, I was apparently being charged 29 cents each.

It's not the money, it's the principle of the thing.* I don't mind paying for the additional listings, I've got some good high value stuff to upload, but where is the extra nine cents coming from?

@happy_pigeon

*Naaah, really it is the money.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I would confirm with eBay and let them know this is what you are seeing. It may be a new billing issue they are unaware of. I started awhile back moving my new and sell similar listings emails each month into a folder to keep track and make sure it matches the count in Seller Manager Used vs Available Listings. For the most part it matches bang on except when there are the emails that seem to not arrive in real time for some mysterious reason. If you have 60 listings @ 21 cents left, that's your money.  My Insertion fees show as either 21 or 5 cents  under savings. Yours should be the same. Not sure why you would see first a discrepancy of 8 cents and  second why they would be billed if they are still showing as being available.

-CM

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I’m too tired to do the math but is 29 cents your 20-cent insertion fee with tax added to it?
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
I’m too tired to do the math but is 29 cents your 20-cent insertion fee with tax added to it?

If true, that would be a sales tax rate of 45%

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Perhaps you listed on eBay.COM with fees being converted to Canadian $ + sales tax

Or the new eBay.COM listing fees have bled across to  Canada (Basic Store in the USA has increased to 25 cents for overlimit BIN)

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html#m22_tb_a2__2

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yes I was posting to dotCOM. Good catch.

But the fee was at the bottom of the Sell Your Item page, so any fees should be in USD.

Still confused.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Dear confused,

Update:

As per Sellers Dashboard - 192 Listings May - 58 Listings available

Emails = 194 (Confirmed - All started beginning May 1, 2018 6 am Mtn)

Difference= 2???

How much is the difference for listing on Dot com vs Ca with a store(250 free listings)?

Just curious. Personally only list on dot ca.

Signed-Confused also

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:
... How much is the difference for listing on Dot com vs Ca with a store (250 free listings)? Just curious. Personally only list on dot ca.

Before May the fees were the same but in different $ so the only difference was caused by the currency exchange rate conversion. Exchange rate used is the one in effect when the listing was created.

In May/2018 .COM added 2 new levels of stores and made pricing changes.

.CA is keeping the old rates until the new store levels (Starter and Enterprise) are added later this year. The new .CA rates are expected to be the same as the .COM rates (with only the currency exchange causing any difference).

Basic store:

Old monthly rate: $24.95 or $19.95 with yearly subscription

New monthly rate: $27.95 or $21.95 with yearly subscription  (increase of $3/$2)

Free listings per month: unchanged with 250 BIN and 250 selected Auction

Over limit old rates:  25 cents Auction, 20 cents BIN

Over limit new rates: 25 cents Auction, 25 cents BIN  (increase for BIN)

Note: Some categories have rates that are lower than overlimit standard.

Canada (current): https://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

USA: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html

I list on both .CA and .COM sites since the "free" listings are counted separately for both sites. So double the value.

-..-

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

They say if you upgrade a store from Basic 250 items to Premium 1000 it can be done at any time and the rate stays sympatico with your current rate. ie. 250 Items at Yearly rate Upgrades to 1000 at Yearly rate.

Does it do the same if you Downgrade?

I am thinking of upping to the 1000 listing store but if our sales don't increase within proportionality to the increased listings then there is no point to paying more. I want to know if there is a no strings attached option to downgrade as there is to upgrade. (Revert back to 250 Items at Yearly rate).

Hopefully we wouldn't have to just trying to cross all t's before taking the leap.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @reallynicestamps - looks like the confusion around this is because the fixed price insertion fees are different for the Basic store from .ca to .com. 

.com charges $0.25 per fixed price listing above the allotment, and .ca charges $0.20. It would charge in USD on the listing form (since you're on .com), then convert that to CAD and add VAT on your invoice. 

I hope that helps clear things up a bit at least!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@tryubik-useonlyasdirected wrote:

They say if you upgrade a store from Basic 250 items to Premium 1000 it can be done at any time and the rate stays sympatico with your current rate. ie. 250 Items at Yearly rate Upgrades to 1000 at Yearly rate.

Does it do the same if you Downgrade?

I am thinking of upping to the 1000 listing store but if our sales don't increase within proportionality to the increased listings then there is no point to paying more. I want to know if there is a no strings attached option to downgrade as there is to upgrade. (Revert back to 250 Items at Yearly rate).

Hopefully we wouldn't have to just trying to cross all t's before taking the leap.

Hi @tryubik-useonlyasdirected  -  though you can upgrade to a higher store tier at the yearly agreement without penalty, you aren't able to downgrade or cancel without paying a termination fee.

If you're not sure if the Premium store subscription is going to suit you quite yet, you could always consider a monthly subscription, however if you've committed to a yearly agreement with the Basic store you'd be looking at a term fee, depending on how much time you have left. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

And that's 25c US on dotCOM with the already noted currency exchange for billing

and 20cCdn on dotCA?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@reallynicestamps - yes - 25 cents USD for fixed price on .com, 20 cents CAD for fixed price on .ca. 

The 'All Account Activity - Fees' page should also show you a breakdown, though it's in small, light gray text, example screenshot below:

Ugggh...even when I try to blow it up it's small...Ugggh...even when I try to blow it up it's small...

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Oh my...also just realizing you posted this months ago. Apologies!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply