Identifying pistons

Can anybody tell me the pistons sold by Car Parts Wiz ?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Identifying pistons

This is not meant as a criticism but feedback:

• Is voluntary and only about 40% of transactions get any
  • Can only be positive for buyers
  • Has no effect on a seller's account (nor on a buyers)

The important part of feedback for someone looking at a buyer is his Feedback Left for Others.

If you leave FB for your recalcitrant seller, make sure it is calm and factual.

'Refuses to supply missing instruction sheet' for example.

Hope you find the information you are looking for. Sounds like a very satisfying project.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Identifying pistons

try sending a message to the seller, or on one of the auction pages by the seller click on ask a question..

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

I tried but they refuse to identify who supplies them . My engine builder requires the piston to bore clearance ( min/max ) and from where on the piston to measure it s diameter. I just spend 300 CAD for nothing I am supposed  to guess approximately what this is. I do not know why the complete secret of the supplier or brand name, very strange why are they doing this?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

because you might be able to go to the supplier and get it cheaper.

Personally as someone who did a lot of playing with cars, buy from a retail outlet or have your builder do it.

An engine is not something to skimp on or it could be very costly.

If your builder is reliable, he should be getting the parts so he is ultimately responsible for the final product

If you are buying off Ebay and have no idea what you are getting, it leaves your builder off the hook.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

Hello all I wanted is for them to get me some techical sheet so as I can use it to install my pistons. They said that is impossible imagine in this day and age not being able to get some information. I am thinking of writing to my hearts desire and really send them a negative review warning . How about communicating with other buyers and try to see what they did about installing the pistons without a technical sheet. I think this is my last strategy. Does anybody out there on E-Bay use a solution about there pistons bought from CAR PARTS WIZ talk about after sales service it really is SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

Did you buy the pistons from them already?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

They are not mechanics but Ebay sellers. If you have bought the pistons, it would have to be up to you to have known what you were ordering and what parts were specifically needed and how to install them.

You would not need any technical information.

Not to be rude, but have you ever rebuilt an engine?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

Yes I did. I assumed that it included a tech sheet with them it cost me 300 CAD dollars. A lot of websites indicated going about .001 thou of an inch per inch of bore . In other words when my engine rebuild shop bore them out 0.020 it gives me an approximate bore of 3.6805 inches so if I calculate .001  per inch of bore it gives me .0036805 of piston to bore clearance. It is a cast piston they look gorgeous and I am thinking using a .004 of an inch  piston to bore clearance Websites like hotrodders ,hot rod and other websites help me to decide the approximate clearance

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

I am a mechanic and I already rebuilt a Pontiac Sunfire 2.4 litre engine with no problems I am a maniac for the exact tolerances The problem being there are no Mopar OEM pistons for my 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4.7 litre engine

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

Try this google link as it has all kinds if info you may find useful

https://www.google.ca/search?q=pistons+for+my+2009+dodge+Ram+1500+4.7+litre+engine&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8...

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

I am curious what the shop said ,in regards to pistons, that bore the engine for you.

Did you know that Mopar OEM pistons were not available before the engine was bored? What about the rest of the parts for the block?

One of the reasons I prefer to get a short block where all the parts are for the block specs and no guess work or what you are facing right now.

You can't really blame the seller as they are just selling parts, not rebuilding an engine.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

I have been with E-Bay for awhile and I have 100 % reputation as a buyer. This is the first the first time I ve had an issue. The other choices was to spend around 5,000 dollars for an engine that has been rebuilt . In my neck of the woods there was a junkyard selling me an engine with 65,000 miles for 2,600 dollars. I will continue seeing engine rebuilding shops for a solution to my problem of unknown pistons. Thank-you Dutchman for dealing with me much appreciated.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

Sorry I could not help more. Good luck with your project.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

I have an annual subscription to eautorepair I will seek out answers there. Take care!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

This is not meant as a criticism but feedback:

• Is voluntary and only about 40% of transactions get any
  • Can only be positive for buyers
  • Has no effect on a seller's account (nor on a buyers)

The important part of feedback for someone looking at a buyer is his Feedback Left for Others.

If you leave FB for your recalcitrant seller, make sure it is calm and factual.

'Refuses to supply missing instruction sheet' for example.

Hope you find the information you are looking for. Sounds like a very satisfying project.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

Thanks for your comment ! I am now trying to identify the piston material, I know it is not a forged piece but either a cast one or a hyperteuctic piston.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Identifying pistons

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 17
latest reply