Store Coupon for Shipping Supplies

I just remembered that I have a store coupon for the current quarter (my first one).  I clicked on the link provided and found a very limited number of items available.

Anything ordered will arrive in fairly large boxes from the U.S.  They offer free shipping; however, could someone please tell me how they are shipped and whether I can expect to pay GST/duty.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Looks like they are now shipping from Canada and therefore no duty.

If you used the coupon, there is no sales tax either as I recall.

If there is it is absorbed into to coupon.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Looks like they are now shipping from Canada and therefore no duty.

If you used the coupon, there is no sales tax either as I recall.

If there is it is absorbed into to coupon.

I wonder if I'm looking in the right place.  Please see Item #252682583797.  It shows the item location as Hebron, Kentucky.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

still free shipping, don't know about import taxes..

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

i have used my coupon 3 times, and not had to pay any fees, when it arrived.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

i have used my coupon 3 times, and not had to pay any fees, when it arrived.

Thanks .... that's good to know.

Did you notice that reallynicestamps said that it looks like they're shipping from Canada now?  Is there more than one seller of these supplies?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I use my coupon each time it;s been offered and I've no issues with the items or quality. 

The orders ship via UPS or FedEx from USA and there are NO import taxes due on arrival. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I use my coupon each time it;s been offered and I've no issues with the items or quality. 

The orders ship via UPS or FedEx from USA and there are NO import taxes due on arrival. 

Thanks mj!

I can't help but wonder why that is, however.  I've never received a parcel delivered through UPS or FedEx without paying taxes.  Perhaps the seller is paying the fees up front.  Anyway, I'm glad that's the case.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

The shipping supplies seller is absolutely taking care of the import fees where applicable. I'm not going to suggest every order is valued at less than $20 CAD and therefore under the de minimus, but no import fees or taxes have ever been due on these orders on arrival for me so I'm going to assume the seller is paying it upfront. Couriers can't take a pass on collecting the fees, as we all know.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:
I can't help but wonder why that is, however.  I've never received a parcel delivered through UPS or FedEx without paying taxes.  Perhaps the seller is paying the fees up front.  Anyway, I'm glad that's the case.

Both UPS and FedEx have services for handling USA-Canada shipments with prepaid taxes. Just different paperwork and fees for the seller.

-..-

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I know that most of the comments pertaining to the shipments have been directed at the quality of the items, the sometimes slow shipping, the poor packaging skills of the shipper, the sometimes non existent communications if problems arise, &/or the incorrect items & amounts sent....

My main concern is still the possibility of having to pay Broker fees & import taxes at my doorstep upon delivery.

I have been informed that buyers have not had to pay anything to the UPS delivery person & also that they may be now shipping from a Canadian address.

However, on their ebay website, it still states that they are being sent from Hebon, KY

They still also have their warning statement:  "International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges."

I have mentioned this to them about a year ago to which they said they would fix their listings (still not done).

In essence for me, their $37 package which consists of some padded plastic envelopes & a couple of rolls of tape has a value to me of about $5.  So using my $35 coupon, I would be paying ony $2 to get goods valued at $5.    My gain calculated this way is about $3.....not a great deal, but still a good deal.

I have still never used my coupons because of the slight chance that I may have to pay the UPS man at the door the brokerage fee + import taxes ......to which I can just refuse the shipment.   Or even worse, for him to drop off the package & later send me a bill for the brokerage fee & taxes a few weeks later.

Just not worth the potential hassle if I'm unlucky in my order.   Even with the $35 coupon, I only stand to gain about $3 worth of goods as compared with the wasted time & frustrations in trying to fix matters later

Can anyone confirm that they are now shipping from a Canadian address?

I will also contact the shipper to ask if they are now shipping from Canada to Canadian addresses.

I know from the many feedback comments that this company is not known for their prompt (if any at all) communications.

Thanks.....

Delyla

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

There are no import fees on delivery. The import taxes are included in the 'free' shipping which as we all know is part of the item

cost. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for the reassurance!

I've also just received a reply from the seller with the exact same information "that they have already paid for any brokerage fees up front".

They should probably also put this information directly into their ebay listings.  I'd bet their sales would have a significant jump.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@komics4sale wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance!

I've also just received a reply from the seller with the exact same information "that they have already paid for any brokerage fees up front".

They should probably also put this information directly into their ebay listings.  I'd bet their sales would have a significant jump.

I just received my order via UPS this morning.  I placed the order on July 26th so, from Kentucky to Winnipeg, it only took 3 business days.  (No fees as other have stated).  I'm very happy with these items.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Like you, I have never been disappointed by my Shipping Supplies coupon products. I tend to collect the rolls of tape but I've ordered the packs with poly-envelopes too since I have use for those on occasion too frequent to source them myself. The service has always been prompt and the shipping speedy. I really have no complaints about it, other than that I'd like more of their round, green stickers but there were none in stock last month. I use those round, green stickers to hold my bubblewrap closed, and I'm running low.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

I have only one complaint about the shipping supplies coupons.  The seller has managed to mangle my address so that he uses my street number along with the name of a rural road near me, then puts in the name of the closest city to me, and the right postal code.  Since it is a courier, they always try to deliver to the stated road, then take the parcel back to their depot, contact the seller, who can never get it straight, and I end up chasing the courier and providing the correct address.  The seller is unresponsive to my requests that they use the PayPal address associated with my coupon purchase.  You would think they could correct this, or perhaps it is some underpaid employee attempting to be humorous.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

mjwl2006 wrote:

Like you, I have never been disappointed by my Shipping Supplies coupon products. I tend to collect the rolls of tape but I've ordered the packs with poly-envelopes too since I have use for those on occasion too frequent to source them myself. The service has always been prompt and the shipping speedy. I really have no complaints about it, other than that I'd like more of their round, green stickers but there were none in stock last month. I use those round, green stickers to hold my bubblewrap closed, and I'm running low.

Have you ever bought their tissue paper?  I use tons of that.  Is it attractive (for cosmetics and such) or, at least, not unattractive?  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I've not used tissue to package my orders as I find the paper weighs more than bubble wrap and when I sold more to UK and Europe, I'd make sure every gram was accounted due to the point breaks on Small Packet Airmail. With Tracked Packet, the price breaks aren't as dramatic. I do find tissue paper attractive but frustrating to use, I'm always putting a thumb or corner through when I use it at home.
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 19
latest reply