can we see our traffic on ebay.ca site

Hi there! Just curious if we are able to see the traffic our stores get on the eBay.ca site?

I know ebay.com has that option. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have been watching since the dreaded change on June 1st. First six months of the year I had regular US Sales. I also had one to China and Brazil. Since June 1st when they made our listing disappear on the .com website I have sold only one item in 6 months to the US. Non worldwide. The EBAY help desk confirmed they changed things,

I did a test a took my listing and pasted it on .com. It showed up and noone else's showed up with the same item just mine.

I then took it one step further and took someone else's listing and copied and pasted it in the search of .com. It didn't show at all.

I tried a couple other listing of others and they still didn't show on .com

Remember when we got into EBAY and you watched the video about selling all over the world, Well that seems to be not true anymore,

The kicker is that I have double the listings now compared to the first six months.

Whatever was done should be reversed.We are losing out and so is Ebay.

A listing disappears, come on.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I’m not sure what June 1 change you are referring to but there hasn’t been a change as far as seeing .ca listings on .com.  I checked a few of your listings and they were showing on com.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Confirm with the help desk about changes in June.

As long as you get a willing dance partner that will tell you the truth.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@noveltyguys wrote:

Confirm with the help desk about changes in June.

As long as you get a willing dance partner that will tell you the truth.

I believe what I see, not what customer service tells me because they are not always informed. They are also known to agree with the caller in order to end the call. I'm not saying that was the situation in your case but if you called in and insisted that there must be changes, I'm sure they would agree.

Please tell me what changes you have seen in visibility on .com. What did  customer service tell you had changed?

Did you used to ship without delivery confirmation and now you ship with it? I can't imagine too many people being happy with spending that much money to ship a .99 card, especially when US sellers are able to charge $3+.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I had hoped someone else who was familiar with the info that you get on .com would answer. If you use sellers hub on .com I do believe that you get different info that you are not able to get on .ca.  I'm still using selling manager on both sites so I'm not familiar with sellers hub. 

We used to receive some traffic reports on .ca  but that particular report was shut down quite a while ago. It was supposed to be replaced with something else but I haven't noticed anything new. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply