Question thread: Listing & Promoting

tyler@ebay
Community Member

The 2022 Winter Seller Update is split into three sections:

Listing & Promoting

• More features available free of charge
  • Promoted Listings updates and expansions

You can read more about these changes by clicking the topic links above, and please leave your questions below. I will be working across both .ca and .com today, so replies are going to be limited, but I will make sure that questions are addressed. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Tyler,

When the ZIF promotion ends at the end of March how will store and non-store sellers be billed if they go over their free alotment of listings? Will it a lump amount at the end of the month or individually as they happen. Same goes for anyone that uses Subtitle listing upgrades. Individually or monthly. With many Canadian banks, if a user goes over their transaction limit their are bank fees per deduction.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Listing and upgrade fees are charged at the time of the listing and are pulled from Available and Processing funds. More detail on this page (including a neat chart of fees and when they are charged). 

For those concerned about bank debits, an alternative to consider is weekly vs daily payouts, which should help you build a buffer to pull from!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Listing and upgrade fees are charged at the time of the listing and are pulled from Available and Processing funds. More detail on this page (including a neat chart of fees and when they are charged). 

For those concerned about bank debits, an alternative to consider is weekly vs daily payouts, which should help you build a buffer to pull from!

The only way there could be a buffer is if there was a way to leave a balance at ALL times.  In my case I am currently over 200 listings so I would be billed each time a listing recycled. As sellers we have no control over when the next sale will arrive. This has never been an issue with the available ZIF etc promo listings.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply