Re E bay changes , I for one will be ending my E bay sales.

ashleys
Community Member

It is again all about some new I T person trying to show their worth. E bay can never get that if it works DONT FIX IT!  After being a ebay member since the 1990's , I have seen E bay make changes that make it harder and harder to remain a customer and seller.  I just cant get over the one change years ago that lets a buyer give bad comments (I have none) but the seller cant leave the buyer bad comments , this is so onesided , even if you say in your listings NO RETURNS  ebay takes the side of the buyer, also you have no recourse even with a tracking number  when the buyer says they never got the item,  they get a refund and you as a seller are now out of the money the fees  and the item, and all costs such as shipping.  All has become too one sided for the buyer and of course always in e bays favor ,    I have had enough!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I completely agree. I've continued to tolerate it only because I've had good luck with my buyers being honest 99% of the time. I think it only works for me because i sell low cost items that are discounted or hard to find - and my buyers are usually grateful, and not bitter or looking to scam.

You can't really sell more expensive items these days on ebay. It's far too risky.

I must say that using Chit Chats has greatly reduced my INR claims, since i have tracking to back up my sales now. I still send stuff through lettermail, but typically only items valued under $20.

I've also found that unhappy buyers can turn into happy ones. I had a really mad buyer poised to leave NFB because of a quality issue. I offered a full refund upon return, partial refund, and a generous "store credit". They took the store credit, ended up buying more from me, and then left PFB.

Of course, that was lucky... you can't always please everyone. I've lost more money than i care to admit on bad buyers. But I've made lots, too. You win some and you lose some.

My ebay tolerance has wavered over the past 20 years. This year has been the most challenging and frustrating for me... with Covid and ebay's constant system issues, and lack of customer service. But I've hung in there. I'm not sure what it will take for me to pull the plug, but I'm not quite there yet...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have had great customers over the years and very understanding ones over this past difficult year, so can't complain there  as yet have 0 INR cases, but the changes here are just way too much to tolerate, so as I build my presence elsewhere, I shall just ride out my time on eBay. As I will not be complying with the requirement to accept Managed Payments, I know my days on eBay are numbered, but all good things end eventually and for me eBay will be one of those good things that shall pass into history and close a chapter of my online selling...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Where are you going to migrate to? Just curious.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have yet to see any posts supporting the recent changes to the community board presentation.

Like many, I do not understand why they were necessary in the first place.

Seeing links to posts from years ago - and in larger text than for links to a member's most recent posts - are of little value.

I also find it annoying to see the comment numbers gone and the link to any additional discussion page on the top instead of the bottom.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

People hate change, there is backlash every time Facebook updates it's look or a widget or anything...    Every update it seems people threaten to quit, and it doesn't happen en masse. The bulk of us learn how to adapt and play the game.  It's still profitable for me in 2021, maybe not as much as it was in 2001, but I'm not going anywhere (even if there was somewhere else to go...) 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply