August 9 2022 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone!

Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!  

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Hello Devon,

1. Any word for all or part of your available funds on-demand(sounds like with a fee attached) and spendable funds that was announced on dot com in April for Canada?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2022-Spring-Seller-Update/Question-thread-More-flexibility-and-control...

2. Does eBay have a  definition of what is considered an infrequent seller? Sellers that return from a hiatus having to build up creditability before they get paid in a timely manner? Only have a few sales per month because of what they sell? Is that info documented anywhere?

3. If a seller moves will that affect getting funds released or does everything stay status quo? Someone else recently had this concern but nothing that I could locate for them turns up in help. (Solutions for situations  such as this occasionally show up on dot com but are missed on ca.) Replacement ID can take some time to show up. Sellers still need to be paid.

4. Do you have any follow up on last months questions?

Thanks,

-Lotz

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Devon,

1. Any word for all or part of your available funds on-demand(sounds like with a fee attached) and spendable funds that was announced on dot com in April for Canada?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2022-Spring-Seller-Update/Question-thread-More-flexibility-and-control...

2. Does eBay have a  definition of what is considered an infrequent seller? Sellers that return from a hiatus having to build up creditability before they get paid in a timely manner? Only have a few sales per month because of what they sell? Is that info documented anywhere?

3. If a seller moves will that affect getting funds released or does everything stay status quo? Someone else recently had this concern but nothing that I could locate for them turns up in help. (Solutions for situations  such as this occasionally show up on dot com but are missed on ca.) Replacement ID can take some time to show up. Sellers still need to be paid.

Thanks,

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thank you for the questions here is what I have so far:

1. I have reached out to the correct team and am currently waiting to hear a response back from them. As soon as I do I will edit this response.

2. While we do not have an explicit definition for an infrequent seller what I can share it comes to new sellers or accounts that have not sold in some time and are needing to register we look into a few factors for payouts to the account.  We may place a temporary hold on funds for new sellers until you're an established seller, which typically happens once you've been selling for 90+ days and have 25+ domestic transactions, totaling $250 in sales. 

3. If a seller were to move and let's say they remain in the same country, in this example Canada, we do encourage the member to update all of there account information as soon as possible to avoid any type of delays in payouts. As long as they do so and we can verify the information provided (usually this is done automatically) then payouts would continue as normal. 

4. And for follow up to last month's questions I have not heard from the teams I reached out to for responses. I will reach out to them again to see what updates they have to share and make sure to come back and respond to those open questions from last month. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Re: #3 

Sellers have been asked to verify with a passport, bank records,etc. Unfortunately currently in Canada there is a major backlog requiring processing. For bank records many are nervous transmitting that sort of info digitally due to safety concerns. Should something like that be required when it's just a straight move....Across town or to another province?

-Lotz

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Sellers have been asked to verify with a passport, bank records,etc. Unfortunately currently in Canada there is a major backlog requiring processing. For bank records many are nervous transmitting that sort of info digitally due to safety concerns. Should something like that be required when it's just a straight move....Across town or to another province?

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies Unless the member is changing there bank for payout they should not be asked to verify with that information. Also the other reason we may ask is if they have been dormant for a while and have recently started selling agian. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies Unless the member is changing there bank for payout they should not be asked to verify with that information. Also the other reason we may ask is if they have been dormant for a while and have recently started selling agian. 

Thanks for clarification. Will pass it on.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Hello Devon,

Thanks,

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies I heard back from the correct team for your first question and they said: 

"Those features are US only right now but we hope to have them in 2023"

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Unless the member is changing there (sic)  bank for payout

Last year, I set up two of my accounts with payout to the same online bank account.

After a month or two, one of the accounts stopped allowing payouts to that bank.

Eventually, I caved and set up the payouts to go to another bank -- and a household account I did not want to use.

But I want to change back to the online account.

What steps should I follow and is it safe to do so? Or will my changed account lose access to both banks?

I'm running out of banks here.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Any answers on the auto-filled feedback problem?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I've got a bit of an annoying issue I'd love to see addressed. When I'm listing something like a DVD, after I enter in the UPC the "Season" field disappears (usually located right above actor). When I select a type (which is usually "Movie"), for some reason the "Season" field reappears after about 5 or 10 seconds. What makes this annoying is that if you click on "Actor" to start filling in that information, when the "Season" field reappears it moves all the Actors you enter over into "Season". 

I'm using the new listing tool on eBay.ca and using the latest version of Chrome.

I hope that description made sense.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

FWIW - if Season is not a Required Item Specific you can ignore it.
If it is you may be able to enter n/a as the IS.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@clemowbooks wrote:

FWIW - if Season is not a Required Item Specific you can ignore it.
If it is you may be able to enter n/a as the IS.

Yeah, I do ignore it. The problem is the information gets populated there instead of the field that I'm actually entering it into. There's a software bug somewhere.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

When will eBay add our solutions for small business account number to eBay labels?
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Any answers on the auto-filled feedback problem?

Hi @reallynicestamps! This has been a topic that was brought up on the US community boards and we have reached out to the feedback team with examples and issues brought up by members. There are looking into it and once they have an update I will be able to share more. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

I've got a bit of an annoying issue I'd love to see addressed. When I'm listing something like a DVD, after I enter in the UPC the "Season" field disappears (usually located right above actor). When I select a type (which is usually "Movie"), for some reason the "Season" field reappears after about 5 or 10 seconds. What makes this annoying is that if you click on "Actor" to start filling in that information, when the "Season" field reappears it moves all the Actors you enter over into "Season". 

I'm using the new listing tool on eBay.ca and using the latest version of Chrome.

I hope that description made sense.

Hi @flipistics! Thank you for your feedback on the UPC feature for listings. I will make sure to share this with the Listing Tools team and if they need more information on this I will be sure to reach back out.  

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@ericsells75 wrote:
When will eBay add our solutions for small business account number to eBay labels?

Hi @ericsells75! If you do not mind could you explain more on what you mean by solutions for small business account number?

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's closed but will return next month!

I will continue to work on getting responses to any questions that may not have been answered during the chat. I will be sure to tag the member to assure they are notified of a response! 

Message 17 of 17
latest reply