September 13th 2022 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

devon@ebay wrote:

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Hello Devon,

Could you please confirm if the option to continue using the older version of the Listing Tool will remain? There have been reports on dot com of sellers switching to the new tool and not being permitted to switch back. (No 3 dot dropdown.) Many of us still prefer the tried and true version. It IS much better suited for users that still create listings on a PC.

Thanks,

-Lotzofunquegoodies

@tryubik-useonlyasdirected 

Fyi

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

Hello Devon,

Could you please confirm if the option to continue using the older version of the Listing Tool will remain? There have been reports on dot com of sellers switching to the new tool and not being permitted to switch back. (No 3 dot dropdown.) Many of us still prefer the tried and true version. It IS much better suited for users that still create listings on a PC.

Thanks,

-Lotzofunquegoodies

@tryubik-useonlyasdirected 

Fyi

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! As we continue to ramp of the number of sellers over to the new listing tool there will no be an option for sellers to switch back to the older version.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

guess that means sellers will be spending MORE time preparing listings and/or revising listings!...

No way,NOT this seller! = I shall use my existing templates until eBay takes away that method ...and thereafter I shall be moving most of my listings over to my other 2 selling sites...have been trying to REDUCE my time working with listings; am NOT wasting my valuable time with eBay's worthless, useless time-consuming,make-work projects...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I can’t come up with a reply that isn’t snarky so I’ll just say that I k ow your the messenger in this situation but listening to users should be a long term plan for ebay vs fixing things that aren’t broken.

And I assume there is no intention of incorporating users solutions for small business Canada post account to eBay labels so we can get credit with Canada post for shipping. I mean if you want to continue to send users off your site (shippo) for example I guess that’s a choice….

Apparently I’m in a bad mood, well frustrated at least.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Concur with the above, especially @ericsells75. Listening and working with folks is essential.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

New Offer email notifications are still failing; are there any updates on when this will be fixed for Canadian sellers?

Many Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@tryubik-useonlyasdirected wrote:

New Offer email notifications are still failing; are there any updates on when this will be fixed for Canadian sellers?

Many Thanks.

Hi @tryubik-useonlyasdirected! Thank you for letting me know about this! I will reach out to the correct team and once I hear back about this I will be sure to update you.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's closed but will return next month!

I will continue to work on getting responses to any questions that may not have been answered during the chat. I will be sure to tag the member to assure they are notified of a response! 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply