Canada Post Lable purchase system down

33nhl
Community Member

Canada Post Lable purchase system down noticed it from last night MAY 1 9PM eastern time.

Still down thus cant print any Canada Post postage lables.

So we just wait and hope they get it running have a few light expidite packages to send and hope it dont reflect back on seller shipping times with in feedbacks.

So what does one do if this goes for 2 or more days???

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@33nhl wrote:

Canada Post Lable purchase system down noticed it from last night MAY 1 9PM eastern time.

Still down thus cant print any Canada Post postage lables.

So we just wait and hope they get it running have a few light expidite packages to send and hope it dont reflect back on seller shipping times with in feedbacks.

So what does one do if this goes for 2 or more days???

Have you retested? According to CP status page everything is running fine now. It's the 1 I check first.  The best thing to do in these situations is test every so often. I wouldn't panic until you get very close to your end of window for processing.

-Lotz

https://status.canadapost.ca/

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Having the same issue - I am guessing it is an ebay problem, not a CP problem - hopefully they will get sorted out soon! Must be a fairly recent issue - I printed a CP label last night around 6, went to print another one this morning and Canada Post isn't an option in the labels now.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@daisydaisy999 wrote:

Having the same issue - I am guessing it is an ebay problem, not a CP problem - hopefully they will get sorted out soon! Must be a fairly recent issue - I printed a CP label last night around 6, went to print another one this morning and Canada Post isn't an option in the labels now.

@daisydaisy999 

@33nhl 

devon@ebay  Can you look into this please ASAP. According to the eBay status page (canada) everything is fine.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Currently having the same issue. Have orders that need to be labled and shipped 😥

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

It's failing in the bulk label creator tool as well.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

33nhl
Community Member

i keep checking every hour and still same issue, even chatted with Ebay rep they looking into it but no time frame when it be fixed. only option shows us USPS but how does one send with in Cnada using USPS but also cost way more, was told i can take insted to canada post pay extra out of pocket but no chance Ebay would refund me difference in cost.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

i wished we could get an update, "We are working on it" seems vague..stil down as i send this

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Yes it must be an Ebay problem as Canada Post is still available to print via others like shippo but of course at higher costs...

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

In these situations, its likely an API connectivity problem which sucks beacuse something could have changed on either side breaking the API calls.  Sadly, we are forced to wait 😥

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@thriftyways2 wrote:

i wished we could get an update, "We are working on it" seems vague..stil down as i send this

@33nhl 

@flipistics 

There is still an open Alert on the dot com technical issues board from March 27th regarding Fedex over charges. (Has been reported on ca from time to time also). Using Fedex would/could also be iffy as a backup.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

FYI - seems to be working again!

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I just printed two labels and everything was fine. Here with eBay labels if it makes a difference.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@33nhl wrote:

i keep checking every hour and still same issue, even chatted with Ebay rep they looking into it but no time frame when it be fixed. only option shows us USPS but how does one send with in Cnada using USPS but also cost way more, was told i can take insted to canada post pay extra out of pocket but no chance Ebay would refund me difference in cost.

I've seen this several times in the past, it somehow defaults to USPS  even when shipping within Canada but there is a button there "Canada Post" and if you click that it should then show Canada Post Expedited at top.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@33nhl wrote:

Have you retested? According to CP status page everything is running fine now. It's the 1 I check first.

https://status.canadapost.ca/

parts of the Canada Post website were not working earlier today for me even though the status page said everything is fine.  The Canada Post problems I encountered earlier today are now fixed.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Been doing labels this morning no issues WSEver...

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@daisydaisy999 wrote:

@daisydaisy999 

@33nhl 

devon@ebay  Can you look into this please ASAP. According to the eBay status page (canada) everything is fine.

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Is this issue still occurring?  

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@daisydaisy999 wrote:

@daisydaisy999 

@33nhl 

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Is this issue still occurring?  

None that I am aware of. When I passed it on it was days around May 2nd. 

Message 18 of 18
latest reply