For those who've downgraded a store, does it matter when you downgrade in the month?

I'm going to downgrade my store, store renewal is June 1.

I'm of the mind that if I downgrade today, I'm prepaid till the end of May anyway so the Anchor rules apply to the end of May and then the Premium level rules apply.

I've looked in the documentation, can't find anything that says and as I recall one can't always rely on the documentation. I know some folks here have downgraded so I'm wondering what the actual experience was?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For those who've downgraded a store, does it matter when you downgrade in the month?

Yes.  When I downgraded some years back, I remained on the prepaid portion until the end of that month. New subscription will kick in June 1.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Yes.  When I downgraded some years back, I remained on the prepaid portion until the end of that month. New subscription will kick in June 1.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I'm going to downgrade my store, store renewal is June 1.

I'm of the mind that if I downgrade today, I'm prepaid till the end of May anyway so the Anchor rules apply to the end of May and then the Premium level rules apply.

I've looked in the documentation, can't find anything that says and as I recall one can't always rely on the documentation. I know some folks here have downgraded so I'm wondering what the actual experience was?

My store automagically renewed May 1. Bill remained the same. As long as you don't renew after your anniversary date you should be fine. Then gets into the messiness of prorated/advance prepaid or however you want to term it.

Attached are the coles notes of the process. Email came to my gmail address on file but not to ebay mail

Here's what you need to know

• Your renewed Store subscription starts from the renewal date and will continue to renew automatically. You can cancel or change your eBay Store subscription at any time by visiting your Manage Store page on Seller Hub.
  • Your Store subscription fee, including any applicable promotions, can be found on the Store subscription and fees page.
  • If you cancel or downgrade a yearly subscription after the first month or before the last month of your subscription, you’ll be charged an early termination fee equal to one-third of the remaining value of your yearly subscription.
  • We’ll net the subscription fee from your available funds. If your funds are insufficient, we’ll charge your payment method on file. Learn more about eBay Store subscription rates and cancellation policies.
  • Any additional fees associated with your Store will be shown on your financial statement.

Terms link: from 2023 attached.

https://pages.ebay.ca/stores/subscriptionterms.html

-Lotz

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

As @snoopwiz  experienced, it is still the same, I downgraded my store this morning and it was clear that the current store level, fees, etc stay in effect until the end of this month, then the new downgraded store/rates apply on the first of the following month.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@ricarmic 

Did you downgrade to .ca or are you still on .com and paying in US dollars? Just wondered because I am still paying the higher .com store price and wondering if I should change it and move to .ca and pay in Canadian $$. I've been afraid to make the change because I asked during one of our Tuesday chats with eBay a few years ago and was advised by them to stay where I was. Was not given a reason but i took it to mean that .com was better.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hi @msmaggie060 my store is still on .COM and in US$. The $$ conversion will be a lot less painful now!

I remained on .COM because I have a large number of old grandfathered items (slowly coming down but still  1,140) missing things like required item specifics and I couldn't get a consistent answer that they'd migrate over without problems (as in I'd have to go in and update them all) if the store was moved from .COM to .CA 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

A Store will look and behave exactly the same regardless if it is a .com Store or a .ca Store but the .ca Store is a lot cheaper than a .com one (strictly due to the exchange costs). How much of a difference depends on if your payouts are in CAD or USD, a combo of a .com Store with CAD payouts is the worst combo.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@recped wrote:

A Store will look and behave exactly the same regardless if it is a .com Store or a .ca Store but the .ca Store is a lot cheaper than a .com one (strictly due to the exchange costs). How much of a difference depends on if your payouts are in CAD or USD, a combo of a .com Store with CAD payouts is the worst combo.

@recped 

For the shipping supplies coupon do you pay shipping if you are based in Canada with a dot com store?

-Lotz

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I got rid of my .com store like 6 years ago, 299$ a month with exchange was a lot or wasted money, when I could get the same thing in CAD. I now have the 60$ store and have done so since ebay offered all the bonus listings a couple years ago.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

No, you don't pay for shipping.  If you are in Canada you order from eBay shipping Canada regardless of which site your store was set up on.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

.COM store coupon is in $C (was $210 $C for anchor store)

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

.COM store coupon is in $C (was $210 $C for anchor store)

@ricarmic 

If you are paying for a .com store in US funds shouldn't the applicable coupon be based on the 210.00 US? Whatever that works out to in Canadian? Fees are in US funds with exchange.

Page works for ca from 2019

https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2019/Shipping-supplies.html

Page for com sellers only works if you are a registerered  "US" seller

https://www.sd.ebay.com/subscriberdiscounts

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

If memory serves the actual payout is $150 US which has always converted to $210 $C for those with .COM stores in Canada. I guess we get a special coupon, but it's been working fine for many years now....

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

If memory serves the actual payout is $150 US which has always converted to $210 $C for those with .COM stores in Canada. I guess we get a special coupon, but it's been working fine for many years now....

@ricarmic 

Just thought it was some kind of new "eBay Math". As of late everything on eBay makes me say hmmmmmm!!!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply