Items sold as lot and shipping to the US with Fedex. Is there a potential problem with customs?

I sold some scrapbooking punches as a lot to a US customer.  They are going Fedex International 2 day shipping which I am happy about. Now I am wondering if because I sold them  a lot grouping  of items, and that they are declared as a lot grouping  of items on the customs form, if that will present a problem in that each punch was not listed individually. The value is declared.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Items sold as lot and shipping to the US with Fedex. Is there a potential problem with customs?

I'm guessing that it will be fine.  If I have more than one 'like' itself, I do the same.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

My understanding is that the only FedEx international service that doesn't take care of customs in the shipping fee is FedEx Standard, or ground, or whatever they're now calling their bottom-tier service to the US.

Your buyer already paid taxes at Checkout, and duties for US buyers kick in at US$800.  Your sale was just over half that so there won't be issues there.  All other customs charges should be built into the shipping price.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The USA has a duty-free allowance of $800USD.

Your customer already paid sales taxes.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks so much for the reply. Just cleared customs.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks. Yes, just cleared cusotms.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply