how do I find a buyer's feedback if I know his eBay ID only

Hi Guys,

I am attempting to find a buyer's feedbacks and all I know about the buyer is his eBay ID and that he did the old 'didn't receive' item trick and asked and received a refund from seller (not me).      

Anybody?

Harv

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To the right of the search bar, click on "Advanced".  Look down the left side, for "Find a Member", enter the user ID and fill in the numbers, you will find the user info and can see the feedback

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

How is it that you expect his ebay public feedback to tell you whether or not he makes routine unpaid item claims? Sellers aren't allowed to say so in their Feedback Left for Others. It has to be positive in rating and words or it is eligible for removal.

If this was your transaction, Report him. Either by form or by calling ebay Customer Service. If it wasn't, the seller would be able to see it himself. 

That's all you can do. 

That, and use tracking so there can be no doubt. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

To the right of the search bar, click on "Advanced".  Look down the left side, for "Find a Member", enter the user ID and fill in the numbers, you will find the user info and can see the feedback

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

The closest you can come to learning if he makes constant unfounded claims would be in his Feedback Left (which is public).

Sometimes these scammers leave FB like "Thank you for resolving problems" or "Very helpful".

But as a Seller you have the right to refuse a sale.

In some cases, you may have to accept a Defect in doing so.

And international tracking is expensive. Over $40 for Tracked Packet.

Registered is cheaper (about $17.00, I believe) but eBay and PP do not accept Registration as confirmation of delivery.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/products/details.page?article=get_a_signature_on_d

As a coin dealer, you are dealing with a demographic that, frankly*, includes a lot of scammers.

Your business plan has to include insurance against that possibility.

If you can afford it, cancel the sale and take the Defect.

And change at least your overseas shipping rate to include a substantial amount for tracking. At the moment, I saw an $80 coin with $4 shipping to France. Since most people (including numismatists heart) are honest, perhaps that should be changed to a Flat Rate of $10 or $15.

Some sales are not worth having.

*We stopped doing combined coin and stamp shows because we got tired of the constant worry about not just shoptheft, but actual armed robbery. That's just not a problem at stamp shows.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

As a note, coins count as "money" and a lot of countries do not allow "money" to be imported.

This list is a good place to check:
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/wtz/business/displaySpecialRequirements?execution=e1s1
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Good point. It also gives me an excuse to share again one of my favourite links to an online resource: the list of things you cannot legally import into countries of the world.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgIntDest-e.asp?letter=R%C2%A0

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

and where in my question did I state what you are advising ????? 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  I couldn't agree with you more on all points

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@murphcrud wrote:

and where in my question did I state what you are advising ????? 

It's bonus information. Complementary to the other posts relating to coins. You're welcome. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Hi,

Can you please clarify  your comment about ebay & paypal not accepting regristered mail as confirmation of delivery.

We paid extra ($2.50) for signature of recipient.  Are you telling me that this is a waste of money? 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

"...Are you telling me that this is a waste of money? "

Registration with signature on receipt (extra fee) provide you with a certain peace of mind.  It may be worth the cost to you.

Registration does not provide PayPal protection.  On the other hand, most buyers who had to sign to receive a parcel or envelope are unlikely to file a claim for non-receipt.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Registered mail has not been accepted by Ebay or Paypal as proof of delivery for some time. It does not have on line viewable delivery confirmation. The AR card is a waste of money as a lot of countries do not even bother to get it signed or returned to you.

Been there and had that happen and CP just said too bad, not our problem.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

"International tracking is expensive,  over $40..""

I would like to add that to send a SINGLE VINYL LP with tracking to a European country is about $53 and to Asia (China, Japan, South Korea) where many buyers reside, the cost is about $83!!! 

For this reason, international tracking is rarely used. 

This means that nearly every international sale comes with the problem and anxiety of waiting for an  email from buyer with complaint of INR. It is also why getting feedback or even an email with message of successful  delivery is so satisfying. To me the importance of feedback (re other threads) is precisely to remove worry over items sent without tracking.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

But feedback does not mean they can't file an INR dispute.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

You are correct in theory, but I mean POSITIVE feedback which to me shows the item has been received and buyer is satisfied. Why would a buyer claiming INR leave POSITIVE feedback except after INR claim is settled? 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

It is possible that the feedback was left by mistake.

Over the years a few times people have left me feedback by accident, usually it is too early and/or references something other than what I sell, or they send me a note to tell me they left it by accident and will confirm with me once the package arrives that all is well.
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

True, but I would think these happenings are rare. I tend to 'worry' over almost all items I send without international tracking and when no feedback or message is received confirming arrival, I am left dangling for weeks. My psyche can't handle worrying over the rarities, although now that you have made me aware, yet another anxiety producing possibility has already started to ooze into my thinking.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Apparently this search for a member will not result in any positive hits of they do not currently have something up for sale or posted an auction.   I cannot find a member because they have nothing posted.   I search myself because I have 5 listings.   So it looks like you cannot just find a member to see thier feedback score if they have nothing currently listed at the time you try to search them.  Am I wrong folks? 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2017

The problem with zombie threads is that the out of date information or advice may mislead the questioner.

If you have a similar question, seven years after the original, start your own thread.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@kevmisch 

Try this link to find a user's profile page if you know the username, even if the user has no current listings:

https://pages.ebay.ca/services/forum/feedback-login.html

Message 20 of 21
latest reply