update of ebay delisting my listings and making it hard to se;;

as of april the 30 they  have delisted over half of my listings  and now i  have only 700 listings on which to sell  this  is down from 1986 listings only 28 days ago - i have had my store on vacation mode for 10 days to recover from some mediacal issues so today is my first up and running day --- we will see what the week brings  i  really don't see how it could get any worse -- my sales this month will a third of what i had before maybe worse who knows-- trying to list on that other site but that is a slow process --new pictures new written copy etc etc -- keeping my fingers crossed that they will finally see they errors and help me out    

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

By delisting, do you mean that you can see them from your listing section (https://www.ebay.ca/sh/lst/active) - but they don't appear on eBay in the search or on your public page? 

If that is the case, I wouldn't worry about it. It is a known thing that vacation mode sometimes takes time to restore listings. 

Assuming your listings appear in the link above (https://www.ebay.ca/sh/lst/active), you could try ending all your listings and relisting using 'sell similar' with the bulk listing tool. You just need to be very careful not to accidentally duplicate list things. This will probably solve your problem at the expense of losing any watchers you have on your listings. If you don't have an extremely popular multi-quantity listing with hundreds of watchers and sales, this probably doesn't matter.

If your listings aren't showing up at https://www.ebay.ca/sh/lst/active - then you probably should contact eBay directly as it might be a technical error beyond what usually happens when people exit vacation mode.

On a side note, I would only ever use vacation mode if you have zero access to eBay or your e-mail for a set period of time. Otherwise, extending your handling is a much better thing to do.

My advice in the future for vacation mode would be to not use it. Instead, change your handling to an appropriate length (as much as 40 days). If you have access to your phone or your computer and are worried about customers not understanding the extended handling time, you can send a copy and pasted stock message to customers that says "This is a friendly note letting you know that the item you purchased has an extended handling time. This is because I am away until (date). You will receive a confirmation when your item ships. Thank you for your purchase."

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

good news!!!!! everyone---- they have reenstated some of my listings  i now as of may the 1st  up to 1083 listings its not my  complete listings  of over 2000 listings but at least its a start -- sure glad they came to their seneces and put them back up  from being delisted  maybe i have a chance now of making my month end expences -- thank you to who ever works there that did this - there is hope  sfter all maybe all my listings will be up and running this month who know ????

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thanks for advice about vacation mode -- i will try that - no the listings where moved from active to unlisted unsold  section as i have previous stated at about 75 to 200 listings a day  never the same amount varying each day  till finallly stopped at less than 600 listings left on the 30th -- now they have reenstated some to the 1000 listings  level still short of my over 2000  lsitings level i normally have but its some improvement

thanks for the advice  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

the lastest up date on sunday may the 5th is i only gotten back 1050 approx listings of my 1989 listings i have 

there is no recourse now but to wait till may 22th to apply again for them to give me back more of  my listings  i guess this is their final answer as they have told me that their is nothing they can do till then and then when 22 comes up i only get a small precentage of my lost listings back then too --really do wish besides the other site iam starting to list on more another site  that would fill the void that ebay is clearly lacking 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply