e-Bay Refunds

Hello members.  Robert here.  I am in a quandry.  I am in the process of refunding a customer for an item which they did not receive.  However when I go to my Payments tab  it requests that I pay by credit card.  I do not wish to do this because I do not wish to incur interest charges on an already loosing situation.    What I do not understand is that my e-Bay profile is already connected to my personal bank account from which monthly expenses are automatcally withdrawn.   Why is this not an automatic option for me.  As it appears now I must wait until my sales total at least the amount of the refund before it will be sent to the customer.   I do not wish to create the impression that I am hestitant to issue a refund.  Any advice is most appreciated.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

e-Bay Refunds

Hello, I thought it should come out of bank account if that is what you are set up with for Managed Payments and your monthly expenses. You say when you go to Payments tab it requests you pay by credit card but you shouldn't be going to Payments. You should go to orders, find the order you wish to refund (I'm assuming they didn't open a case and you are doing this on your own), there is a drop down menu (the v) and refund is one of the options. Try that way and see if it lets you. I know the Payments allows you to be in the negatives (mine is currently for several labels) and they take it from your account if no new payments come in but they usually allow a couple of days for new sales/payments to come through. Though I've not had to do refund this way (knock on wood) but I would think it should be the same.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

e-Bay Refunds

Has your buyer put in an official eBay INAD (item not as described) claim or just messaged you to say the item did not work?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

e-Bay Refunds

Oops, meant a claim for INR (Item not received)

Message 4 of 4
latest reply