A question for stores

nan*55
Community Member

They way things stand at the moment ,it seems fixed price items listed on .ca can not be added to cart on .com.So people purchasing on .com cannot combine FP listings because they won't add to cart. (does that make sense lol).

So if I had a store on .ca is this still a problem?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

A question for stores

nan*55
Community Member

My situation. Had a buyer purchase 7 auction items, she wants to purchase a few more fixed price but they won't add to cart .

I have told her to go to .ca site, but what a nuisance . How many sales am I losing because of this 😞

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

A question for stores

My store is on com, but, I have had people buy two or more different widgets at the same time in one transaction. I do not do combined shipping as that is a very small factor in my life. I simply refund extra.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

A question for stores

@nan*55 wrote:

They way things stand at the moment ,it seems fixed price items listed on .ca can not be added to cart on .com.So people purchasing on .com cannot combine FP listings because they won't add to cart. (does that make sense lol).

So if I had a store on .ca is this still a problem?

It is still a problem even with a store.  Until eBay gets the shopping cart working fully on .ca and coordinated with the shopping cart on .com the problem will still exist.

I have to wonder, though, why some U.S. buyers can purchase and pay for them together while others cannot.  This is without contacting me for an invoice.  Maybe they just use the back arrow each time they make a purchase but not everyone knows they can do that.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

A question for stores

I think you may be right -- some buyers seem to be savvy enough to use the "Back" button (or just figure it out from sheer frustration). 

I had a buyer (US) actually explain to me the problem she was having -- she'd put one item in the cart, but when she went back to put another in, the first item would disappear (nothing in cart).  Fortunately she contacted me and I told her to purchase the items separately and I'd refund the excess shipping. 

You can imagine how disgusted some buyers must get trying to work out the problem alone at their end.  How many have just given up and gone elsewhere -- buyers that we'll never know about? 

I have to wonder how really big volume Canadian sellers are coping with this.  Maybe eBay makes sure that the system works for them!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

A question for stores

@rose-dee wrote:

I think you may be right -- some buyers seem to be savvy enough to use the "Back" button (or just figure it out from sheer frustration). 

I had a buyer (US) actually explain to me the problem she was having -- she'd put one item in the cart, but when she went back to put another in, the first item would disappear (nothing in cart).  Fortunately she contacted me and I told her to purchase the items separately and I'd refund the excess shipping. 

You can imagine how disgusted some buyers must get trying to work out the problem alone at their end.  How many have just given up and gone elsewhere -- buyers that we'll never know about? 

I have to wonder how really big volume Canadian sellers are coping with this.  Maybe eBay makes sure that the system works for them!

sounds like a 'defect' in ebay's shopping cart. Combine this with another thread about ebay's search all messed up that's another defect. They might have to suspend themselves.

seriously, as the biggest auction site in the world, some of the things ebay does are very amateurish. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

A question for stores

Well she gave up by the looks of it 😞  Has asked for the invoice for the auctions.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

A question for stores

I have to wonder, though, why some U.S. buyers can purchase and pay for them together while others cannot.

I don't know this for a fact but I have heard that ebay was rolling this out slowly on .com and doing it buyer by buyer. So one buyer might have to pay right away in order to purchase something and another one might not.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply