Browse the Community

Activity in Answer Centre

HST on top of EIS shipping charges?

I bought something used from the USA and it was shipped via Ebay International Shipping. I can understand being charged HST on the value of the item (though used), but also being charged HST on the shipping cost just doesn't seem right. I can maybe u...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

International shipping quote problems

Are any other Canadian sellers having issues with their listings not giving international customers quotes on shipping?As of yesterday, my US customers wanting items that are over the weight/size limit for tracked package and is requiring to be sent ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada into the USA letter mail is extremely slow!! Tracked packet is not an option!

I never had issues sending lettermail into the USA from Canada. This last 2 months I have received numerous requests for refunds!! I havent had to do that in the last 15 years!!! My items are paper thin and only sell for $15-$20. So tracked packet is...

Ebay customer service for seller

Hi guys, anyone here living same nightmare with the new policy of not having any customer support for seller. They now only offer offline scripted answers by poorly trained employees oversea. A simple issue of feedback removal can take weeks, tons of...

Ebay.ca support

I placed a 72 dollar purchase on ebay.ca I did not receive the item at all for 4 months I made a complaint to ebay canada they did not respond nor did the seller ebay does not protect buyers be ware

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

New International shipping rates US to Canada

I've been a regular eBay buyer (never a seller) for over 20 years. We lived in the US for over 15 years, and when we moved to Canada several years ago, I was happy to pay what seemed like reasonable charges to have items from US sellers delivered. As...

• 31 replies
  • 5 helpful

My issue is this one. I took advantage of a seller's discount to purchase around 20 stamps

I put everything in the shopping basket and realized that I was being charged shipping on each and every stamp I had bought. EBay said that seller didn't do combined shipping, even though most sellers do, and eBay can't wrap its mind around that conc...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

incorrect info on customs form costing customer

Why did eBay list my trading card as “metal” on the customs form and cost me an additional $50?There is no metal in a hockey card. Literally zero reason or logic to list a non metal item as metal. Now it’s a huge problem to get reimbursed and will be...

To send for authentication in Canada do I need to use their FedEx service? What about insurance?

First time to list sneakers for authentication from Canada (I list on ebay.com). There info. page states the item is to be taken to a FedEx centre which goes to their authentication centre (Canada or U.S.)? Can I not just send by Canada Post (just ar...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bidding and open request question

I opened an open request for an item that never shipped and I put down that i still wanted the item. Looking around I might bid on another item that are ending soon that are similar. Can I change the request to refund instead if i won the other bid?

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is it possible to have a USD bank account at a Canadian bank and purchase Ebay items in USD?

I'm Canadian, have a bank account in USD currency and would like to buy Ebay items in USD without having to exchange it. If I can't buy direct it means I have to exchange my US dollars to Canadian at my banks very poor rate, and then buy on ebay havi...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

EU VAT EU & IOSS

After you ship you get the following if you hover over TAX DETAILS on your ITEM DETAILS page. Tax detailsPlease ensure that you share eBay’s IOSS number electronically with your carrier for your shipment to theEU.VAT Paid : IOSS - IM2760000742 How wo...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller Hub Shows Zero Sales Statistics

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I would like to address my problem to everyone. I've been trying to solve it for about over a year now, contacting different eBay representatives. Every single one of them is “issuing tickets,” but the prob...

firefox_wKu2Rn7C1Y.jpg firefox_wKu2Rn7C1Y.jpg

Stupid shipping rates

I am never buying another item until you fix the retar5ded shipping rates? I don't understand why everyone gouges on shipping. I spent thousands of dollars on Amazon for chrismas gifts and NOTHING on ebay. I don't understand such greed.

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

CANADIAN EBAY CONTACT?

Let me begin with the obvious- I really don't care where the Customer Service offices are- if they are a) able to speak and understand English (or French, since this is the eBay.ca site), b) have some understanding of ebay.ca own rules and c) knows t...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Combined Shipping Doesn't Calculate Volume Only Weight

Recently got an order for 5 of the same item. When I saw my shipping cost I realized that ebay had only combined weight, but had not added volume to the shipping calculation. I checked the combined shipping rules and there was no option to combined v...

insurance over 200.00 expedited from Canada to USA does that meant a signature is automatic?

I sent an item value of 820 from Canada to USA. Paid insurance for 800 expedited and the buyer states they haven't received it but shows delivered on the tracking. Not sure what to do and also with purchasing insurance of 800 doesn't that mean a sign...

Resolved! First Negative Feedback- What Would You Do?

Hi everyoneFairly new seller here, sold a new, sealed (but expired) printer cartridge, low value. Buyer received it and says the ink evaporated in the cartridge. Obviously I was not able to test but stated that it was expired in the listing.Buyer did...

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Issues Listing from Phone

I use my phone to list majority of my items. As of yesterday, I am not unable to list from my phone. The Item Specifics Category is completley gone, and is required in order to list an item. Is anyone else experincing this issue? I have deleted the a...

Getting started

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the eBay Community.

Most Helpful Authors