Package hasn't moved for a week

realms-13
Community Member
I ordered a package from china on December 29th, the item is only a small blanket object that would come in a small package, it arrived in canada on the 8th of January and hasn't moved at all still, all it said is "arrived at destination hub" but nothing more, it's estimate is the upcoming 20th- February 4th, I understand it can still change but still the lack of updates is kinda odd, this hasn't happened before, I'm gonna guess covid related, oh and the package is by "speedpak"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

"Arrived at Destination Hub" -Means your package has left (China) and is now in the hands of Canada customs.

They can take as long as they wish ,for what ever reasons they deem fit. This has nothing to do with Canada Post. They too are at the mercy of whenever customs feel like releasing your package. I hope this helps..  w.

Tracking is a Seller Protection, it has no real value for the buyer.

It does not speed *up shipping, nor does it protect the shipment from damage.

Tracking protects the Seller from unwarranted claims that a shipment did not arrive.

In any case, the last estimated date for arrival is Feb 4th, 17 calendar days and 14 business days away.  Mark that last date on your calendar and relax.

One minor concern, the Lunar New Year celebrations start on Feb. 1st this year. If your package is already in Canada don't be concerned. If it has not left China, you should know that half their population will be on vacation and heading home to see their children.

You may find it useful in future, if you do a lot of online buying (not only eBay) to sign up for Canada Post's Flex Delivery service, which will not abandon your purchases on your porch but will hold them at the PO for you safely.  The service is free.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/alternative-delivery.page

*Tracking may actually slow down shipping. I sent a tracked package to a customer a few weeks ago, and a second to the same address letterpost and untracked the next day. The untracked item arrived in less than a week, the tracked one on the last estimated day for delivery, after my customer had enquired about it.

mcrlmn
Community Member

My December 29 order is from Quebec, and has been stuck for 2 weeks only 5 miles from my home.

It should have been delivered on Jan 05.

Not a problem until after eBay's Jan 24 estimate.

Screen.png

And... your order is not an issue until after February 4th, when... if it has not arrived, within 30 days you will open an item not received case.

If it has arrived, that's great.

marnotom!
Community Member

Not trying to be a snot about this, but do you need to keep tabs on the item's tracking for any particular reason?  As buyers, we've been pretty oversold on the usefulness of tracking.  It may come in handy around the time you're expecting the item to be delivered in case you have to be home to receive the item, but generally speaking, knowing where the item was last scanned doesn't do us much good.

It's quite possible that your item has moved on from its last scanned location, but the tracking information doesn't reflect that.

@realms-13 wrote:
I ordered a package from china on December 29th, the item is only a small blanket object that would come in a small package, it arrived in canada on the 8th of January and hasn't moved at all still, all it said is "arrived at destination hub" but nothing more, it's estimate is the upcoming 20th- February 4th, I understand it can still change but still the lack of updates is kinda odd, this hasn't happened before, I'm gonna guess covid related, oh and the package is by "speedpak"

There's a good possibility it's hung up in either customs or staffing issues. There is freight coming in from all over the world that never stops. They are working their way through it. Every time another package in the lineup needs inspecting it slows down packages behind it. Just have to stay patient. Once it has been processed it will move on its merry way.

-Lotz