Accounting software and Ebay transactions

ouizalam
Community Member
Hello everyone,
I would like to ask those of you who are using an accounting software and DO NOT import eBay transactions - do you enter each transaction or use the downloaded files as some sort of a summary?
Your input is greatly appreciated,
ouizalam
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

whoscloset
Community Member
Hi ouizalam,

I use QuickBooks Pro Retail Edition. I enter every single sale mysel as I don't trust ebay and PayPals feeds.

Monique

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

ouizalam
Community Member
Is it appropriate to ask why you don't trust them? Do you enter each transaction pretty much as it occurs? I have downloaded the files from last August and haven't done anything yet.
Liliana
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I do enter each transaction as it occurs. My business model is profit driven rather than volume driven so it isn't as difficult as it could be for others.

eBay just has too many glitches for me to rely upon any download of my sales and/or fees that they offer. I have an education and employment background in re-engineering and I can honestly say that I have never seen a large company that has a less reliable system of process change than ebay. For the life of me I can't figure out how they can enact the changes they do without finding the bugs through live testing in advance. It boggles the mind. 😉

Monique

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

We use QB PREMIUM Edition + Warehousing Module and all our sales are manually entered in the system - as Monique eliquently put it DO NOT TRUST EBAY.

TIM @ FTL
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It depends on what you want to do with the numbers. If you only are tracking figures to produce a annual financial statement then entering data in summary fashion would be just fine (ie: monthly paypal revenues).

If you want to really crunch numbers the more detail the better.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ouizalam
Community Member
Thank you all! I think I know now what I have to do - roll-up the sleeves and start entering the information before piles up even more. It does seems it is best for every purpose - accounting, reports, etc.
Liliana
Message 7 of 7
latest reply