Can you explain why the CANPAR shipper used in my transaction only made one attempt to deliver?

I don't understand why the CANPAR shipper used in my transaction made only one attempt to deliver before sending my item to another location 30 minutes away. I had to carry a large cumbersome box with a baby stroller home on a bus and a train which took about 1 hr and 20 minutes total. It defies logic that I would pay $30 shipping fees only to have to carry my item home myself on public transportation. Isn't shopping by eBay supposed to be more convenient for shoppers?. It was gruelling having to carry this box home myself when I paid for shipping. Who is responsible for this: the seller who chose this shipper or the shipper who chose to send my item to a location deemed the most convenient for me? This is very frustrating and I'm expecting more items. I hope I won't have to travel again myself to another city to pick it up. If this is the case then I'm going to stop using eBay.  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Can you explain why the CANPAR shipper used in my transaction only made one attempt to deliver?

I think you should ask the manager of the CANPAR outlet that question.

Write a letter and send it ExpressPost, which is tracked. Send a copy to the Better Business Bureau and to the consumer editor of your local paper. These do not have to be tracked. Make sure the CANPAR manager knows that copies have been sent.

Keep your letter polite and factual. You might suggest that given the opportunity, you could have arranged to be home for the delivery and that could have been arranged with a phone call.

However, you should also be aware that Canada Post will only attempt delivery once. Then they too leave an 'attempted delivery' slip with the address of the PO where you can pick up the parcel. The main difference is that Canada Post has several POs in urban areas, while most couriers have only one, and that in a low rent/industrial park setting. Difficult for those of us who use public transit.

Your seller is not at fault. She probably assumed that a courier would be more helpful than Canada Post since they usually charge more.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply