Canadian taxes on checkout using dot com??

muminlaw
Community Member
Has anyone found a way that works? It seems that no-one reads the paragraph where we can send an additional message - they just look at what eBay tells them is their invoice total!

I send EOA emails within a few hours of the auctions ending but there is always a percentage of buyers whose ISPs don't deliver messages referencing eBay (or maybe it's shaw.ca that causes the problem) but there MUST be a way we can give them their total, including taxes, through checkout. I'm just getting so frustrated!!!!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

treasure-pot
Community Member
Glenda, it doesn't exist on .com and it likely won't.

eBay would much prefer that we list through .ca so there is very little incentive (they think) to make provisions for Canadian sellers on .com.

I use Selling Manager and it would certainly be helpful to be able to manually insert taxes but I won't hold my breath.

The frequency with which eBay offers features that are a benefit to sellers alone (without creating more revenues for eBay) are comparable to the frequency with which Victoria gets a 2 foot dumping of snow - legend has it that it has happened but I'm not going to lay awake waiting for it to happen again. You have a better chance of getting a signed autograph from Bigfoot himself.

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

mahsauction
Community Member
I second your frustration Glenda.

The only thing I've been able to do is add GST automatically if the buyer pays through the Paypal buttons and Paypal payment link in my emails. You can set that up in your Paypal preferences. It doesn't handle HST or PST so that's another headache.

I have been using Selling Manager and if you adjust the shipping and handling amount in selling manager, it reflects in the Paypal total as the buyer goes through checkout and Paypal invoices. Of course the buyer can change that amount still.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
DAMMMMMMM .... I was hoping that someone had a workaround! There must be something we can do so that the total show the correct amount! Well ... thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in my frustration but if we put our heads together there must be something that'll work for us! THERE MUST BE!!!!!!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 4 of 4
latest reply