Customs forms items

I've had a couple multiple sales recently

Do I really have to list each item separately on the customs form and then calculate the weight for each item, or can I just say

Lot of DVDs
Set of Books

or something to that effect and group them all together, with total weight and price

Lets say they were all mfg in the same country

I guess that brings me to another point. Country of mfg. how exacting does one have to be on used items. I mean does it really matter where a 40 year old record album was mfg. What exactly is the point (for customs) of country of mfg. on an older used item?

How do the rest of you fill out customs for multiple sales?

I've been filling out these forms for awhile now, and just using my own judgement, for some reason lately I'm wondering if what makes sense to me is actually the right way

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Customs forms items

Best judgment goes a long way.

When I have multi-item Cars orders, it's easy. They're all DIECAST TOY CARS and MADE in CHINA so I add them together as one line with value and weight combined. Add free gift, maybe a pack of stickers or Matchbox diecast which gets its own line because it was made in Thailand.

If I were to have LEGO minifigures and diecast cars together in one order, I would use two lines. Despite therm both being made in China. Maybe a person could get away with TOYS but I don't want to take a chance.

LEGO plus Diecasts plus Paw Patrol = three lines because all three might be made in China but they are different sorts of toys. But if books were added to that order, I might make Books a line and Toys a second line and mush the toys together. 

But no, if someone buys five diecast Cars, I don't list each one separately if they're all manufactured in the same place.

Country of origin matters regardless of whether an item is old, new or used. I assume this is due to embargoes. If the USA doesn't allow imports of things made from CUBA, they don't allow imports from Cuba, regardless of age of item. HOWEVER! This is my opinion and/or Wild Butt Guess. I don't know for certain. I am assuming. Someone could come along in two minutes and prove me incorrect with that. I would not argue. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Customs forms items

And I try to use the word 'set' instead of 'lot' because I imagine 'set' makes more sense when translated whereas 'lot' might be misconstrued. Like the agent will think, 'a lot?' and then open it because the description didn't make sense to them. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply