I'm rabble-rousing, yes, but eBay Customer Service seems at time challenged to do the right thing

Playing a worn-out tune here because every seller on ebay has a 'bad' story about the service and/or advice they received from ebay Customer Service when they needed assistance with some manner of dispute. Mine was over Feedback Revision, two times, the first was so infuriating that I planned to close my account for good and that wasn't as a result of the Feedback but the handling of it by ebay Customer Service. (I'll spare you the details but it was a post called 'And Now For Something Completely Differenty, Last Night I Lost it' or something to that affect if you really want to review it.) Also over stolen photos being used by other sellers. Clearly, stolen. Like even with my watermark still on them. Getting a rep to look at it was almost impossible. 

So, this post from ecommerceebytes struck a nerve. http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2016/4/1461492668.html especially the part that reads:  I speak with two reps who actually tell me an appeal is not possible in this case because the item had been returned to me in the same condition it was sent, final decision. The reps tell me they cannot even see the photo I uploaded showing my measurements once the case is closed and that I have no proof now.

Clearly, that defies any sort of logic. That cannot be the case. 

When I have had my most frustrating interactions with Ebay Customer Service, it is the times when I have been routed to the Call Centre in the Philippines and it sounds literally as if those CSRS were piled six on top of each other and using the same cubicle desk/phone/computer while being hurtled down a mountainside in a tin can. Sometimes the cacophony was so prominent, I could not discern what the rep was saying to me until they had repeated themselves more than once. I remember being told the Rep could not see what I was speaking about when I asked them to take a closer look at the photo, title or item description in the incident to which I was speaking about at the time. Which is something that only reinforces the notion that the CSRs are not listening and don't hear what you tell them. Maybe the literally cannot see what we are talking about because the resources available to them are so poor. 

This makes me wonder, long and hard, exactly what kind of circumstances the call centre employees in The Philippines are working under. What if these seller complaints are being mishandled due to the limitations the workers face because they are literally sharing one phone and one monitor to six people? The reps have always been exceptionally polite and professional in their intentions but some have sounded to me also like they are exceptionally panic-striken as they speak to me. As such, I want to make clear my post is not intended to start a xenophobic or bigoted discussion. 

And then I wring my hands about how much worse this will get for the average seller when the Anchor Store sellers get the 'good' Customer Service as per the Spring Seller Update and leave what remains to the rest of us. 

Do you suppose the interactions with Customer Service are so frustrating for sellers because the Reps literally cannot do any better with the tools provided to them? 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0