New Powerseller Qualifications

I just got my first Ebay Power Up Newsletter in the mail. There is an article about new Powerseller qualification in it. Just in case you did not recieve it states a new qualification will be on volume as well not just dollars sold.
So, the people selling high volume low cost items will qualify as well.
I know this will help many of us keep our Powerseller status. Although, my sales having being going well I know I am one of those high volume, low cost per item sellers.
JUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW IN CASE YOU DID NOT RECIEVE THE NEWSLETTER!
Actually, it is a good read! Better than expected!!!
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I haven't seen the newsletter but it sounds like a good thing for me. My products are pretty low priced too and I have to sell a lot of them to make the PS status. It is pretty hard sometimes and a lot more work than it would be if my stuff was more expensive. Recognition for our hard work would be great!

Judy
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
I was kind of curious to know if someone is already a PS and taking this into account...could it help boost them to the next level?
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Don't know if it would really matter. They did say that telephone support would be available to bronze level powersellers.

Not sure if that's really worth much, I've contacted PS support twice, once they were of some help the other time totally useless and neither where for anything I would call difficult to deal with issues.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

eureka9988
Community Member
I had a phone consultation with the EBay Outreach team yesterday & found it very helpful. They have given me a few tips that could help increase my sales. I was impressed with their interest & their helpfulness. They contacted me and gave me one week's notice re their call date & time. Am sure some of you will receive a similar call in the near future.
Renee
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
I got one of those calls and found it totally useless. They told me nothing I didn't already know or wasn't already doing. The guy said he had to comb my listings because I was already doing what they normally suggest till he found one thing.

He said to instill buyer trust I should make every single one of my listings identical as far as colors, backgrounds, fonts etc. 😐 Shut up dummy!

I sell different products and do use the same theme for the same type of products like my bird toys, Halloween items, Disney items, craft patterns etc but I'm not using the same template I use for my bird toys as I do for my computer games or craft patterns or anything else.

I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard and told him so. LOL Not only that but how exacty does having the same listing template instill trust in a buyer? I believe it's called branding but that's got nothing to do with trust. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think so.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

*stealthtech*
Community Member
I hear ya jakeeangel, I had a call with them too and there was nothing he could find. All of my listings are 'branded' ~ not sure how that makes them trust me more thou? 😉 The only thing that helped was about the title and using all the available characters (something I should have known) :8} Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com
http://pages.ebay.ca/theme/mystoryarchive/sean.html

Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com
http://pages.ebay.ca/theme/mystoryarchive/sean.html

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
LOL Ok so I'm not a picky *itch then like the hubby tells me I was? 😛 😉

He was in the background telling me I was snarky. Well the guy was being dum!!! LOL

I'll give you a tip on titles. They don't have to make sense. Fill the thing up with keywords that relate to your item. They don't have to be a sentence. New Barbie Halloween Kelly Doll Witch 200--. It doesn't have to say the full exact title of the item in sentence form. Use part of it obviously because that's what people will search for but it can just be keywords. Skip 'of' 'the' 'and' 'by', stuff like that.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Sell-ur-Stuff -- just curious how long after you submitted your story did it take for it to be chosen to be published -- one month, two month, more than 3 months.

TIM @ FTL
Message 9 of 9
latest reply