Paypal CP shipping and VentureOne How does it work?

I do all of my shipping with paypal.

I've heard there are benefits with VentureOne. I use a ventureone account only for getting labelopes.

Do I get benefits of protection/claims now? Is there some way of tying my paypal shipping with ventureone? Does CP know I pay them 1k a month?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

All the "benefits" of Venture One are replicated on PayPal, you are not missing anything there.

Venture One would be useful as a backup for instances when you want to ship from a post office.

Above and beyond Venture One is a Canada Post Commercial Account which offers potential discounts greater than V1, to qualify you would probably need to increase your volume considerably.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

CP Commercial accounts start with 750+ parcels a year. From speaking with a Canada Post Commercial Accounts rep Light Packet would not be included as a parcel.

So you are looking at Expedited, Xpresspost and Priority Courier for Canada; Small Packet, Xpresspost and Expedited USA for our neighbours to the South and Small Packet and Xpresspost to everywhere else that would qualify as parcels.

After doing some quick math after receiving figures from Canada Post we didn't find it to be any greater discounts then you get with the V1 or PayPal and especially when you factor in the fuel surcharges which Canada Post doesn't figure into the rates they give you when they quote you. A great way to make their figures look better than they are.

Stick with using PayPal when you can for eBay transactions and anything outside of eBay use Venture1 as the discounts are very similar. Plus the receipts you get from using the Venture1 shipping labels are much more useful then the PayPal receipts which is helpful from a book-keeping/accounting stand-point.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Only time you get a real break is getting a contract with canada post . I have a contract for 15000 packages a year . No way to get Discount on Small packet until 15000 small packets a year contract .

Claims are all on volume . I normally do about 10 claims a week for lost / damaged stuff no questions asked . But 97% of all packages arrive ok .

I would not jump just stay with paypal unless you push large volume why make it more complicated for pennys .
Message 4 of 4
latest reply