To list or not to list?

karensvariety
Community Member
This is my first Christmas as a power selling and I am getting stressed worrying about whether packages will arrive in time for Christmas. Also, should I keep listing? Do people continue to buy even though it is too late? Help, please.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

To list or not to list?

jaymor8
Community Member
karen - I suppose it depends on what you sell. I sell jewelry and it has been my experience that women will browse in jewelry pages and buy at any time of the year. It may slow down a bit at Christmas because folks are busy and/or away but there are always shoppers.

As for things not arriving in time for Christmas....unless your customer specifies that this purchase is a gift, what are you worried about? I have seen a few seller's TOS that offer courier services for those who want their items before a certain date. Of course this will be at the buyer's expense. So, you could even add that to your OWN auction page. Tell your winning bidder to let you know if he/she needs the item in a hurry. It's getting to the point now where most people won't dare expect something before Christmas, expecially if it is an International sale.

Lots of luck,

Jackie...
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

To list or not to list?

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Karen
This is my first Christmas on eBay and I am overwhelmed. I was intending to hold back this weekend and left 11 ads up while I was away for 2 days. Even my server was down so people couldnt se all the pictures on my eBay auctions. I came back Sunday night to discover I sold 9 of the 11 auctions I had left running over the weekend.

Today I received tons of emails asking if how much to ship faster than what I was quoting so products would arrive before Christmas.

At the same time I am shipping off goods that people have told me they are not in any rush to receive as they are not for Christmas presents, rather something they were intending to purchase for themselves anyway.

Just be honest with everyone and tell them that you cant guaranty if they will receive it in time for Christmas unless they were paying for a service that guaranteed delivery before then.

Malcolm

Message 3 of 3
latest reply