What Are Grounds for Sale Cancellation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been spending some of my strike-induced free time reading the forums (and weeding the garden, but that's another story), and I came upon the thread concerning buyers' requests to sellers to downgrade the dollar value for Customs value (i.e. "falsify") in order to minimize duties and taxes.

At least one poster advised that, under these circumstances, the seller should cancel the sale and block the buyer.  This seems like excellent advice.

However, is there a mechanism by which a seller can unilaterally cancel a sale under these circumstances without repercussions to feedback and DSRs?  Or is the seller hostage to the buyer's possible retaliation?

I do include the standard eBay boilerplate in my listings, stating that International buyers may be subject to duties and taxes.  Would this plus a record of any messages and/or emails suffice as proof of buyer wrongdoing, if this sort of fraud were requested by the buyer?  The thought of spending an hour on the phone with eBay customer service to try to get a vengeful negative removed, in the scenario described by the poster on the other thread, doesn't appeal to me either.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0